005 Brainstorming Names

CHAPTER FIVE . Brainstorming Names

     Kennedy Nichols was perfect

Kennedy Nichols was perfect . . . or at least she was October's idea of perfect. Obviously, she loves her other friends, otherwise, she wouldn't hang out with them (she was very honest and if she didn't like someone they would know), but she could find flaws in them. She loved their faults, it was a large part of the reason she liked them.

Lola was judgemental but that only made her the best person to go to if you wanted to rant - she loved gossip and hated people. If there was someone that one of the girls didn't like it was very likely that Lola had already come to this conclusion, allowing them to speak freely and with her own points to add. It was extremely validating that your feelings would be reciprocated.

Even if she hadn't formed an opinion on someone yet if one of them had a problem with them then she would too - no questions asked.

Her commitment to avoiding serious issues could make confiding in her a little hard but they had all grown to understand that it made her uncomfortable. It wasn't that she didn't want to help, she just didn't want to make things worse. She hated conflict and wasn't confident enough to give advice and trust that it was right. However, it didn't matter because she would stand by you without needing to know why - defending her friends until the very end.

Lola could be cold when you first meet her but get her to like you and she'll open up like a crystal. Rocky and rough on the outside but a shimmering crystal once you cracked her open.

Maeve was too nice. October loved that she was always cheerful and desperate to see the best in people. Her loyalty gave all of them comfort, and reassurance that they could rely on her. She was the stars at night, a candle in the dark - she was light embodied. If someone was sad then Maeve would give you a blanket, make you some tea and hug you as you cried. She'd listen to everyone's problems and help solve them.

However, kindness can be abused and hers was. October knew she was just trying to make everyone happy as she always did but sometimes she really wanted to shake the girl and get her to shout at someone. It made them all very protective of the blonde girl but it could also be slightly annoying.

They loved her for her empathy but they just wished that she wouldn't extend it to people who didn't deserve it. October admittedly lost her patience with it the most - she wouldn't shout at Maeve but it was just frustrating since she cared about her and didn't like to see her being taken advantage of. Maeve was delicate and October engaged to wrap her in bubble wrap.

It hadn't posed too much of an issue because if there ever was a time when Maeve was being exploited October would ensure that she'd save her from the situation. Sometimes brutally but always with good intentions.

These were seen as flaws and it could cause issues between the four but they were also some of the main reasons she loved the girls the most. They always weren't consistently displaying these qualities, no one is one thing all of the time. Lola had been known to occasionally deal with serious matters if she knew it was really needed and Maeve wasn't completely helpless, even she had her limits (they were very hard to cross but it had been known to happen).