Chapter 5 - Going to Cousins!

Start from the beginning

"I'm heading to Conrad's dorm now, meet me there," It felt as though he was trying to prolong seeing us for as long as possible. Maybe not us, just me.

Belly and I ask around, trying to find Conrad's dorm building. We eventually get directions and I see him in the distance.

Jeremiah's pov:

"Hey, Jeremiah!" I hear Belly's voice. When I look up, I see Belly, she's hardly changed. I look further and see Cassie not too far behind. Every time I see her, she gets prettier and prettier. She doesn't meet my eyes and my heart sinks. What have I done? I should've answered her calls. I should've kept in touch.

Cassidy's pov:

"Hey, Jeremiah!" Belly calls out. I glance up and see my perfect boy. His hair is a little longer than I remember.

"Hey, Bells!" He smiles, "Hi, Cass," He looks down at me with a shy smile.

I hand him a cup of coffee and mutter a small, "Hi!"

Jeremiah accepts it with a head nod and takes a sip. We head inside the dorm building to the top floor.

"So have you heard anything from Conrad?" I break the silence.

"No, nothing. He hasn't answered my calls or my texts," Jeremiah turns to Belly, "It's a good thing you're here though, I don't know what floor or what room he's in." Ouch.

"I don't either, I mean, I know he's on the top floor, but that's it." Belly says, glancing at me.

"You've never visited him at Brown?" Jere asks.

"Yeah, mom wasn't thrilled at the idea of me driving 4 and a half hours to see my boyfriend."

Jeremiah smiles and casts a look at me. I reciprocate the smile although I'm wondering what the hell it means??

We find Connie's dorm, Jeremiah knocks and the door opens, "Hello?" No one is in the room.

Someone comes up behind us, "Woah, excuse me?" I assume this is Conrad's roomie, "This is my room that you guys are rifling through."

"Hey, man! I'm Conrad's brother, we talked on the phone earlier," Jere goes in for a handshake.

"Ohhh, ok; Jeremiah, right?"

"Yeah, umm, Connie isn't back, is he?"

"Uhh I haven't seen him. Since Thursday afternoon."

"Did anything else happen before he left?" Belly asks.

"He got into it with somebody on the phone," Conrad's roommate answers, "He was yellin' and shit."

Jeremiah nods and questions him again, "And then he just took off? Do you have any idea who he was yelling at?"

"I don't know man, the government who is surveilling us through our devices as we speak?" Belly and I share a look.

"Is that the last time you heard from him?" Jeremiah asks, trying not to laugh.