Chapter 8 - The Turning Point

Comenzar desde el principio

Nonetheless, I went up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

To my surprise, her mom opened the door.

"Hey there, Kiyo! Sorry, Yuki's still preparing herself in her room. Come on in. You can have a seat on the sofa if you'd like."

It would be rude to refuse, so I did as she said. I took off my shoes and made my way to the living room.

Once again, I was surprised to see not only Tsubasa, but also Ichika, on the sofa. To be fair, Ichika was probably Tsubasa's best friend, so having her in their house surely wasn't a rare occasion by any means.

"Hello, Kiyotaka," Tsubasa casually greeted me.

"Hey Tsubasa."

"Senpai!!!!" Ichika quickly got up from the sofa and ran over to me."

"Why is she here?" I ignored Ichika and asked Tsubasa.

"We had a sleepover, and she hasn't gone home yet," she replied.

"Hey! I'm right here!" Ichika said as she waved her arms in front of me.

"Sorry, how have you been, Ichika?"

"Hmph. Good, but school isn't as fun without senpai around," she pouted.

"Well, sorry about that then."

"You don't seem sorry at all."

"You didn't have to expose me like that."

Then, we heard someone coming down the stairs.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm-" she stopped.

"Um, hi Yuki. I'm here for our date."

"Mom! Why did you let him in our house without telling me!!" her face got red as she screamed at her mom.

"It'd be rude to keep Kiyo outside, wouldn't it? And you were so busy preparing yourself in your room, I didn't wanna bother you!"

"Jeez, whatever. Sorry for not being on time, Kiyo. Let's go!" she came over, grabbed my hand and dragged me to the front door.

Putting my shoes back on, I said goodbye to the Yuki household... and Ichika.

"That was embarrassing," she said, "Sorry about that. Did Mom say anything weird to you again?"

"Not at all, she was very nice to me."

"That's good," she sighed in relief.

I finally took a good look at her.

"You look stunning, Yuki."

Indeed, she was. She was wearing a black turtleneck sweater, paired with a short dark grey skirt. The lack of colors really made her golden hair stand out.

Lack of colors, guess we think alike, huh? We're wearing the same colors.

"I- w-what?" she got caught off guard by my sudden comment before regaining her composure, "Thanks, Kiyo. You look great, too," she said after examining my clothes, "Wait, we're wearing the same colors!"

"It seems like we are. Our outfits are matching."

"How amusing is that!" she giggled.

"Anyway, what's the plan for today?"

"Ahem, impatient, aren't we? You'll see. First, we're going to lunch! I have a place I want to try out near central Tokyo."

"Let's go then."

"Yep! Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~

The place Yuki wanted to try out was a Japanese restaurant. The restaurant itself looked really nice. It looked extremely luxurious yet also traditional. The food they offered had reasonably prices as well, some one wouldn't expect from a place that looked like this.