Chapter 9 - A New Day

Start from the beginning

Right, I remember Arisu telling me that. I'm apparently quite popular amongst the girls.

"It seems like I'm quite in demand," I joked.

"That's something a womanizer would say."

"I'm kidding, Yuki. Even if girls approach me, you'll still be the one I think about, so rest assured, I won't be taken away."

"Idiot... you always say such things so casually."

It wasn't long before we arrived at school. And as predicted, we received some stares on our way to class, as Yuki and I were holding hands.

"Yuki-chan! Tell me everything, now!!"

The first person to greet Yuki when we entered the class was our purple haired neighbor. Quickly, plenty of girls grouped around Yuki before she could even take a seat.

I hoped to sneakily head to my seat, but I suddenly felt a slap on my back.

"Kiyo, my boy! I knew you could do it!"

It was none other than Eiichiro.

"Why the hell are you here?"

It was rather unusual for him to be in our classroom in the morning. Usually, people would stay in their classes and wait for the teacher to arrive.

"I had to see what all the commotion was about," he grinned, "So, how'd it happen?"

"I don't want to repeat myself, so I'll tell you guys at lunch," I sighed.

"Man you're no fun. Guess that's one more reason to look forward to lunch though. Anyway, gotta go, it's almost time for homeroom, see you Kiyo."

As expected, this was rather troublesome. A few of my other classmates came up to me after that, some people I rarely even talk to.

Luckily, the bell came to my rescue as Hoshinomiya-sensei cheerfully entered the room as soon as it rang.

"Good morning everyone. Alright, settle down~" she nicely asked the class to take their seats, "Now, I hope you all prepared a bit for the mock tests that will take place after homeroom."

Thank goodness she arrived and ended the commotion.

As for the mock tests, I didn't study at all. I didn't feel the need to. After all, I don't like spending more effort than I need to.

I mean, it doesn't count for our grades, so why even bother? It was like the teacher giving us homework and then saying it wasn't mandatory. Who actually does the homework? Certainly not me.

But hey, I'm not a model student. I'm certainly not the type of student to study until late at night and to overwork themselves to get good grades.

After homeroom ended, it was time for our first mock exam, the subject was Mathematics.

The questions weren't particularly challenging, obviously the ones at the end were supposedly more difficult.

I thought about manipulating my scores to not gain too much attention. Much like that main character in a manga who hides his true abilities, or something like that. But I'm certainly not the main character of a manga.