Chapter 68: Changing Marriage (Part 1 & 2)

Börja om från början

So even with Shen Xin's many meritorious service, nobody showed any interest in Shen Jennie.

Now with the Wei family suddenly coming over to propose a marriage, even though Cai Ju mentioned about climbing up the ladder, if one were to think carefully, it was because of that day in the academy examinations, Jennie's performance was so refreshing and because of the change from that original stupid image, that made the Wei family to could not help but take action.

Even it was usual, Ren Wan Yun would also not tolerate to have such a good marriage proposal falling onto Jennie's lap. Not to mention Shen Qing was in such a condition now, she could not stand to see Jennie, the originator, to be better off.

"Furen need not worry." Xiang Lan said, "Old Furen would definitely not agree with this marriage."

In the General's residence, Old Shen Furen bore the brunt for the hate on the First household. Since nothing can be done with Shen Xin, Old Shen Furen could however could secretly control Jennie's marriage in the palm of her hands. Previously due to Ren Wan Yun's management, Jennie's idiot reputation was well known all over Ming Qi but now Jennie had shed off the foolish title, if someone come over with a marriage proposal, with Old Shen Furen's ill intention, she would definitely find ways to dispel their thoughts.

"With her kind of worthless life, how can there be such a luck in it. Afraid that after marrying shortly, she would die." Ren Wan Yun's words were endlessly vicious. She looked at the doors that were shut tightly. Shen Qing was still in the room, unwilling to see anyone, thus a trace of resentment flared in her heart, "But Master actually still hope for Qing-er to marry to that person!"

Shen Gui still did not know about Shen Qing's pregnancy and Ren Wan Yun did not intend to tell him. Shen Gui, this kind of person who took relationships lightly, to Shen Qing who recently lost her innocence he could barely tolerate her now. But if he were to know about Shen Qing's pregnancy, he would definitely disregard Shen Qing's health and force her to abort the baby.

But even so, Shen Gui was afraid that the matter would be exposed and even urged Ren Wan Yun to search a marriage for Shen Qing, as long as Shen Qing was able to marry over quickly and the other's family was of high rank. After picking around, they choose the Supervisor of the Minor Treasurer's youngest son, Huang De Xing.

The Huang family was considered to be higher in rank than the Wei family and naturally would be bathed in glory and wealth. But as compared to the Wei Family, the Huang family's Master and Furen's were not people who were easy to deal with and Huang De Qing was a homosexual person who liked men.

It was because of that the Huang family was not very concerned about picking a daughter-in-law. As long as the daughter-in-law temperament was gentle and would close an eye on Huang De Xing's indiscretions, they did not care about other stuff.

Shen Gui thought that since Shen Qing's body was already dirty, it would be better to marry to the Huang family since Huang De Xing was not interested in females and would not touch Shen Qing. Naturally this secret would not be discovered. Shen Qing only need to have the Huang family's daughter-in-law's name and enjoy the wealth and splendour. And She Gui could also rely on the Huang family's marriage and relationship and raise his career up another level.