Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses

Start from the beginning

Once we were far enough from the commotion, I couldn't keep it in anymore. I just couldn't. ''Why?...'' 

She didn't look at me, her eyes fixed ahead. ''You don't know how to protect yourself against those kind of people. You were trying to accept whatever she was saying and get away as fast as possible.''

''That was the plan, until...''

''It wasn't going to end like this. Every day, I deal with dozens of people like her. She would have been even harsher on you if I hadn't intervened.''

''Bussiness...experiance?''

''Kind of.''

Memories begin to pop in my mind, my face gently blush. ''Is my skirt really cute?''

''...'' She looks away. ''...''

''Hehe~ Thanks.'' I smiled. ''Of course it will be cute, I chose it after all, heh.''

''I'm serious, butterfly. Learn to protect yourself. People will not always be there for you.''

''I have four sisters who will alwa—...''

...

I have no sisters. Not anymore.

''What are we going to do now?'' Madoka asked. We've reached the end of the amusement park, there's still people around but I don't care. Beyond the wooden fences is Tokyo's coastline, sand and setting sun.

''I don't know...''  My hand involuntarily goes to my skirt. ''...''

Did that really happen to me?...Madoka may have thrown the camera into the sea, but a part of me still feels unsafe. The outside world is dangerous, especially when you're all alone.

''Shall I call my guards? I don't like them hovering around me, but if you want.'' Madoka said, pulling out her phone. 

''Don't! I can manage it. It's just the first time something like this happens to me...'' I sighed and took a deep breath. ''Madoka, let's call it a day.''

''There was still a place I wanted to go, but if you say so.''

''I know you want to go ho— Excuse me?!''

''I can have a drink.''

''Wait wait wait! Where did this come from now?''

''You won't be happy if you end today like this.''

Hell I won't! Today was supposed to be perfect, but it turned into a huge mess. Though it was perfect until the end but it still feels awful.

''I guess, I won't.'' I crossed my arms. ''Am I supposed to understand from this that you have a certain place in your mind?''

''I have. Somewhere I haven't been to for a while.'' 

''Then, lead the way dummy.'' I smiled and closed my eyes. ''But before we go...''

As we prepared to leave, I gently wrapped my arms around her waist, savoring the warmth and softness of her presence. This time, I decided not to kiss her, but instead, I longed to bask in the comforting feeling of being close to her. Thank you, without you, I could have gotten into trouble there. I know these are trivial things for her, but for me. It's just comforting.

Thank you.

''...Nino.''

''Can we...stay like this? Just a bit.''

— [𝟏 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨] —

''Okay, when I said you know a place, I didn't expect a place like this. Where are we going?''

Madoka brought me to a part of the city that I had never been before. It's not a luxury place, on the contrary, it's probably below average. But it still has a unique atmosphere. And when I say unique, it's really unique.