Chapter 1: A Happy Incident?!?!

In a corridor swept by crimson darkness, there were rectangular stained glasses with incomprehensible symbols. As the once radiant light passed through the glass, it transformed into twisted darkness, casting an eerie atmosphere. 

A deep shadow emerged, and a tall, slender figure strode forward. The leader, wearing a dark robe and a mask obscuring his liquid dark eyes, moved with purpose.

Step, Step, Step.

The leader's steps reverberated through the endless corridor as he approached a massive 5-meter-tall door adorned with strange symbols. The ethereal darkness around the leader flowed toward the door in a straight yet fluid manner. A slight shake reverberated throughout the area as if signaling the arrival of its master. The door pushed itself open, and sounds of footsteps approached.

"Leader!" said the underlings as they bowed slightly, wearing the same robe and masks, but their eyes lacked the liquid feature.

"The experiment on the mixed breeds infused with the mysterious energy is complete," one of the followers said as he straightened his back.

"Well done! A step needed to fulfill the forgotten times before the fall. Where is the subject?" the leader inquired.

"It is in the laboratory, in the next hall, leader," the underling clarified.

The mixed breeds lay lifeless on a wide altar adorned with symbols. Glowing with an eerie light, and the leader's hand glowing with ethereal darkness, the vibrant colors began to dwindle and morph into dull, raspy smoke condensing into a sphere in motion.

The smoke seeped into creatures as if thirsting for life, fueling their lifeline and awakening them to life. Their minds were filled with confusion, darkness, and a foul smell -of blood, organs, and bodies that filled the air. There were many different types of bodies, some with horns, lots of fur, and some resembling humans.

"Hhg.. hom -an," one of the creatures tried to form the word "human," but its vocal cords struggled to produce the sounds correctly.

"Now, it is time for some results to show up," the leader declared.

"Now Arise."

____________________________________________________________

Everything's blurry, but I am fully aware. This is one of my lucid dreams, but it feels unusual. I see static noises, and the blurriness slowly fades from the bottom to the top view. I begin to gain control over my body and surroundings.

I start walking forward, and even though there is no ground beneath my feet, there is a sense of weight to my steps. It's like I'm walking on air, and when I look around all I see is pure white.

'Am I walking or hovering? How far does this space go'

As I kept venturing, my fear started to grow. I became aware that I might wake up at any moment, and this dream will end. I want to fulfill one of my bucket lists; Find a mirror and look at your reflection.

I want to experience more, I want to feel more. So, I concentrate on my senses. Risking the chances of possibly waking up, I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I smell nothing, I taste nothing, but I hear the sound of faint air. I open my eyes to look around. The white void space is still present, but I can see specks of black static. They dance around like fireflies but with the sound of static.

I reach out to touch the static, but my hand passes right through it. It's like trying to touch snow. I feel a cold, prickly sensation on my hand, but nothing else. I take a step forward and suddenly I hear a sound.

THUD

A thunderous strike, a gust of wind behind me fully pushing on my back, as if to dare me to look behind. My body starts shivering, and the cold air on my neck gives me goosebumps. I take another breath and turn around.