an overdue goodbye.

Start from the beginning

Gorian merely regards the young girl, asking her what she was doing in such a dangerous area. [Name] doesn't answer for a bit - she's contemplating whether or not she should just kill him and get it over with. But in her momentary hesitation, Faarih suddenly calls out Gorian's name, startling [Name].

When questioned as to who the young girl was, Gorian only says that she was the daughter of a friend of his. [Name], utterly confused by the demon's lie, is forced to go along with the narrative, bowing down to Faarih and introducing herself as Daina. As the two adults talk, she observes Faarih quietly, noting down how his appearance matched the one described to have been holding a human. She decides to use this situation to her advantage.

Faarih hurriedly asks Gorian, albeit in a whisper, whether or not [Name] could be trusted. Gorian pauses for a moment, but in the end assures him that she was a kind child. [Name] rolls her eyes at the notion.

They are then beckoned into Faarih's home, where [Name] meets Ayshe. Ayshe is startled by [Name]'s presence, as she had only seen Gorian before. As Gorian and Faarih talk, [Name] and Ayshe are left together to talk. [Name] decides not to reveal herself just yet.

Ayshe is cautious of [Name] because she is a demon, but in the end, trusts her because Faarih does. She takes [Name] to her room, where [Name] is acquainted with her dogs. They chat for a while, discussing mundane things such as their friends ([Name] changed the names of her actual friends), their families, and their hobbies. But throughout all of this, Ayshe picks up that [Name] hasn't been exactly truthful to her - her body language, while seemingly relaxed, is too stiff, and her voice too distant.

It's then that Ayshe pops the question: You don't mind me being a human?

[Name] is silent for a moment, but in the end, decides it's then she reveals herself.

"That would make me a hypocrite," she said plainly, the moon's light bathing her in a silvery glow. "Consider that I'm human too."

And then there's a dramatic scene where she takes off her mask, staring Ayshe in the eyes as she does so. Ayshe is speechless, before she whispers: "I thought I was the only one."

Then there's a conversation about whether there are other cattle children, which [Name] confirms that there are. However, [Name] decides to question Ayshe about her father, to which Ayshe immediately jumps to his defense. [Name] is noticeably disgruntled by this, asking her what she thought about her father eating other humans.

Ayshe admits that he does do that, but insists that it's merely so that he could survive. All he was doing was eating.

[Name] stares at her for a moment, contemplating whether or not she should outright insult Ayshe's father. She decides not to, the only thing she says is: "Those kids were my brothers and sisters."

Ayshe's face shatters at [Name]'s statement, but [Name] merely shrugs. "He might be nice to you, but that doesn't change the fact that his existence is a threat to us."

Ayshe doesn't reply, only watches as [Name] stands up and puts her mask back on. [Name] sighs, making her way to leave. "You'll learn that soon enough."

[Name] then leaves.

There would be some filler after that, where Norman and [Name] discuss with each other the whereabouts of the Geelan clan, as well as the development of Vincent's drug. This is where I would show the cruelty [Name] exhibits towards demons, using them as lab rats and even carving out their flesh for when Paradise was low on food. They could regenerate as long as they were alive, so she viewed them as an emergency source of food.

Then would come a chapter where they find the Geelan clan, and make their agreement to send Norman and one other person to make the deal with their leader. However, as the group is heading back to Paradise, Barbara notices Faarih's house.