an overdue goodbye.

Hey guys, it's Allergy. It's been a while, huh? Almost two years since I last updated this fic.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for stringing you guys along for a pointless ride. I said that I would continue this story when I couldn't. I said that I wasn't giving up hope for this story, and made you all wait two years for this. But I've made my decision.

So to absolutely no one's surprise, I'm discontinuing this fic.

Forgive and Change were extremely dear to me, but it's time I let them go. I'm grown too old for this franchise, and to put it blatantly, writing for kids this young when I'm 17 makes me feel extremely creepy.

I started out this fic when I was 14, a mere freshman in highschool. I was young, didn't really know what I was doing, and had no concept of character building nor of how to write an actual cohesive plot. I put myself on pedastal, forced myself to meet deadlines that were only possible because of the pandemic. Back then, writing a 3.5k chapter a week was easy. Now, without a manga to guide me, it isn't so easy.

I made mistakes that honestly, make me cringe when I look back. I made impulsive choices that permanently changed the course of the story. Back when Change had first started, [Name] had never had an ability. Henry never existed. Sidra never existed (god i hate that woman what did i do to her). [Name] was never supposed to go to Lambda.

But nevertheless, this journey has taught me many things, such as how to write longer fics, and what a joy it is to share my creations with others. I'm not lying when I say that you all were the best parts of this fic. Without you all reading, commenting, and voting, it would've never gotten to this point.

You all deserve a proper goodbye, especially after putting up with me for this long. So I'll lay out what I had planned for this story, and how I would've rewritten it. Because what makes up Forgive right now is not something I am proud of.

And I'm sorry if I break parts of the story to be like idk because freshman me did not plan this story at all. I literally went "fuck it, we ball" when [Name] went to Lambda.

---

START OF STORY NOTES

---

Starting the fic would be a scene of [Name] sparring with Barbara and Cislo. We'd explain how much Paradise has changed, from a mere tree hollow to an entire civilization. After the clash of swords, Isaac and Jin would burst into the training area, with the declaration that they'd found a human.

This is how I would introduce Ayshe.

Isaac and Jin would've been scouting when they spotted Ayshe with her father. How would Isaac know she was human? Easy, his eyes. After reporting to [Name], she'd immediately assume that Ayshe was being held hostage by the demon, likely either a prisoner or someone being brought up as a cattle.

But just as she's about to run out to her room, preparing to rescue her, Isaac would catch up to her. He'd admit, away from the ears of the other Lambda experiments, that he didn't think Ayshe was in trouble. He describes the way she and her father act, and said that they looked completely fine and at ease.

It's then when he asks the question : "I don't think all the demons are bad."

[Name] snaps at the very notion that a demon could be nice, and quickly reprimands Isaac, reminding him of Lambda and its horrors. She says it quite plainly, "They might not all look evil, but there is no such thing as a good demon. They eat us, Isaac. They're the enemy. That's just the way things are."

Isaac wants to comment on how Sidra, a human, was the worst of his tormentors at Lambda, but he shuts up after seeing [Name]'s face.

[Name] would go out into the forest in order to find Ayshe (not w Somnus tho bc like horses kinda suck at running from big demons). It's here that she runs into Gorian, who was just on his way to visit Faarih (Ayshe's dad). Note that [Name] is in her demon disguise at this moment.