Chapter IX - Sleeping Beauty

My vision was blurry, but it started slowly clearing up.
My head was hurting.

"Ouch", I mumbled.

That's when I noticed the person sitting next to my bed.

"You fainted", he said.

"Oh", I mumbled. "What exactly happened after that?", I asked.

"Well, after we all saw your Boggart, you collapsed. Lupin ran forward and said that he needed to bring you to the Hospital Wing. Class was dismissed. He wanted another person to come with, so I volunteered", Malfoy said.

I rose my eyebrows.

"I only did it because you came with me today after that bloody Griffin scarred me", he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Thank you"

"I- you're welcome, I guess..."

Silence

"Sorry for asking, it's just-"
He paused.
"What exactly was your Boggart about?"
I hesitated.

"I..."
"I don't really... want to talk about it", I answered, my voice lightly shaking.

He nodded.

"I understand"
He then got up and walked out.

I closed my eyes again and tried my hardest not to think about that day. I took potions to forget about it, temporarily of course.
Nothing worked though.

A few hours later, Madam Pomfrey said that I should be recovered now and that I may leave.
As I was leaving, I realised that I didn't have my things with me, so I went to the DADA classroom to pick them up.

I was nearly there, but then I heard distant arguing in the classroom.

I carefully opened the door and saw my godfather and professor Lupin, standing in the middle of the room.

"Do you not realise what you have done?!
Worst fears, what were you thinking?!", that was my godfather, furious as hell.

"Severus please, understand that I meant no harm-"

"She was clearly traumatised did you not-"

That's when they both noticed me.

My godfather cleared his throat, shot one last angry glare at Lupin and quickly walked out of the classroom.
He slammed the door shut and Lupin sighed.

"Hello Liv", he greeted me, guilt in his voice.
"I suppose you heard most of this".

I lightly nodded.

"I would like to apologise to you. I'm so sorry for what happened to you, I didn't mean to make you faint or worse-"

"It's alright sir. I recovered quickly. You couldn't've known that this was going to happen", I swiftly answered when I saw how sorry and guilty he was feeling.

"Thank you for accepting my apology Liv. Draco told you what happened afterwards?"
"Yes sir"
"Good. Here are the books you left here"
"Thank you sir", I grabbed them and walked out, gently closing the door behind me.

At dinner I sat next to Luna, telling her what happened today.
"That must've been a bad Boggart if you fainted from it. I'm glad you're alive though", Luna's dreamy voice spoke again.
She was always kind, but honest.

"Oh, there is Ginny"

I looked up.

A ginger haired Gryffindor girl came to our table.

"Hello Ginny. This is Lily", Luna smiled.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ginny Weasley", Ginny said.

"Hey, I'm Liv Snape", I said with a subtle smile.

"Snape's goddaughter right? Ron has told me about you. He doesn't seem to really like you to be honest. Don't worry though, I don't judge people by their guardian, I judge people by their personality", she chuckled.

✨~(*~*)~✨

I was walking to my Common Room, that's when I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorr- wait! You're Neville, right?"

The boy nodded.

"I wanted to speak to you sooner, but things got a bit complicated. I'm Liv Snape by the way", I smiled.

"I- I'm Neville Longbottom"

"I wanted to ask, why is your Boggart my godfather...?"

"W- well... he did a lot of things like... he wanted to poison my toad and..."

"He wanted to poison your toad!?"

"Yes...", he muttered.

"I'm so sorry about that. I had no idea"

"You won't tell him right? That I told you this?"

"No, don't worry", I said.

He gave me one last grateful glance and walked away.

My godfather wanted to poison someone's toad.
People avoiding anyone with a green tie.
Students making assumptions only because I'm related to a Snape.
Harry and Ron not wanting to speak to me because I talked with Draco Malfoy.

I don't belong here, do I?