Ch.19 Imposter (sus)

Start from the beginning

"I can't stay for long. I have to go find someone after this." I told him, thinking of a certain someone who could help with the situation.

Taehoon smiled at me and tugged my arm, making me sit down beside him.

I leaned my head against his shoulder tiredly and closed my eyes.

Today had been a long day.

"Tired?" Taehoon asked quietly, his voice soft.

"Yeah... I hope this whole situation gets sorted out soon." I opened my eyes as our eyes met, "Although, I don't think we'll be safe until Jinho is gone."

"Yeah. I wish I wasn't stuck in this house. Promise me to stay safe?"

"Yep." I glanced outside, noticing the sun starting to set, "I'll have to go now before it gets dark."

Taehoon nodded, "By the way, my dad isn't even in so you could've used the front door to come in."

I stared blankly at him and left his room, using the door to exit instead of the window.

~*~

I hope she's in.

My feeling of nervousness faded as I knocked on the door.

A few moments passed before the door was opened the the pink haired female.

She was holding a bag of crisps, occasionally eating some, "What?"

"Hey, Gyeoul." I smiled at her, "Did you see about Baek Seongjun? Please help us."

She seemed to consider it for a moment, "Fine. But I'm only helping because you and Gaeul are involved and we're friends. I'll come to the office tomorrow."

Gyeoul hesitated and then asked if I wanted to come in as it was dark.

~*~

"This guy pretending to be Bake Seongjun is using deep fake technology." Gyeoul explained to us.

Hobin, Gaeul and Snapper stared at her blankly.

"What is that?"

"You're so annoying. I'll only explain this once." Gyeoul huffed, "It's technology made with artificial intelligence and human facial data. Because of that, it's a lot more detailed than a normal composite."

She grabbed her computer out of her bag as we gathered around the screen, watching her edit a video.

"With just a few clicks you can access this tech."

"How do you know things like that?" Snapper asked, astonished.

"Isn't it obvious?" She responded, "This is good to know about when you make a living off cancelling channels."

"Have you found any evidence we can use against them?" I asked Gyeoul.

The pink haired girl smirked at me in response, "Who do you think I am? Of course I did. There's one flaw with their videos."

"What's that?" Hobin countered.

"The retouches made on the deep fake were top tier. The average person would be totally fooled but I'm not the average person." She gloated, "There's two big faults within the video. Number one, ninety nine percent of the video films the face. No matter how good the tech, sudden harsh angle changes will decrease the quality. And number two, it was just for a moment but a different shadow was shown on the face and the lighting on the face differed which wouldn't be possible if it was the face of the real one."