Chapter One - A Chance Encounter

Hey look it's chapter one. It's nothing special, as it was written several months ago. I mean it's decent, but it'll definitely get better.
Description: Crunchy finds himself in a near death situation and is rescued by a friendly, handsome cookie.
───*.:*.:*.*.:*.:*. ───

He remembered what happened the night before. He had been scavenging for his king, his majesty Dark Cacao Cookie. The snow had seemed endless that night, as if the witches themselves were throwing it upon him in massive heaps. The wind howled, as did his cream wolf companion, as they marched on through the raging brute of a storm. Crunchy Chip cookie wasn't one to back down from this kind of challenge. He was a mountain cookie, taken in by the king at a very young age and raised to scavenge in the cold that most cookies couldn't withstand. He was rather short, messy speckled hair atop his head that framed his face, and dark dough that matched his fiery brown eyes. He had always been independent, venturing off with no one but the wolves that made his acquaintance. When he was sent out again to scavenge for star jellies or anything that the kingdom could use for food in their time of need, he had expected it. But what he didn't expect was a slip-up so late in his voyage. As the cream wolves were running, they came upon a frozen lake that hadn't been visible because it was covered by snow. By the time the cookie realized what was happening it was too late. The ice shattered with a deafening crack, sending himself and his companion into the freezing water. The current pulled him under the ice and his suddenly couldn't breathe. He was shocked from the cold and the sudden fall into water. He tried desperately to claw at the ice, looking for some sort of hold, but failed miserably. He was losing air and he knew it. As he blacked out he had one thought: "How could I let myself fail like this?".

When he woke up, he was warm. Covered by a blanket of some sort, next to a fire. He didn't know how he got there, but when he sat up he was in a small room with a bed and night table, as well as a lamp. He saw a deep pink cape of sorts hanging near the door as well as silver armor sitting in a heap on the floor. He thought he recognized the insignia on them but couldn't quite place it. Just then he heard a thump from outside the door. He shot up off of the chair he had been placed in, grabbing for the gloves with attached claws that were fashioned for him when he was just a boy. The door to the room creaked open and he lunged at the mystery cookie that had found him. He was quickly caught by a strong hand, finding himself flailing and lifted off of the ground. "Hey! Put me down!" He growled, attempting to kick at the larger cookie. "Settle down. I won't hurt you." A smooth, deep voice spoke. This voice sent a shiver down his spine as he looked up at the cookie it belonged to. He saw deep pink hair, shaved on one side, red eyes, and a strong face. This cookie was tall, that was for sure, and strong too. He was put down gently, his feet gently touching the hardwood floor. Now that he was on the ground he could see his savior clearly. 'Fuck, I'm only up to his stomach. Couldn't get away if I tried.' he thought, with a hint of disappointment. Crunchy looked the cookie up and down, noticing something he hadn't before. A giant metal gauntlet on his right hand, that had the same insignia as the cape on the door. After a moment of silence, the larger cookie spoke. "I am Wildberry Cookie, of the Hollyberry Kingdom. I found you under the ice, half frozen and nearly drowned." The cookie gave a courteous bow, waiting for Crunchy to introduce himself. "I'm.. Crunchy Chip Cookie.. of the Dark Cacao kingdom." He replied, hesitantly. He got the sinking feeling he shouldn't be telling this cookie his name and where he lives. "Thanks. For rescuing me." After he uttered the words, he realized something. He didn't see his cream wolf anywhere. "Did you see a wolf out there?!" He asked Wildberry in urgency. "Oh. Yes, he's outside in the garden.." Crunchy barely let the taller cookie finish his sentence before rushing outside to the garden attached to the house.

When he saw his comrade rolling around in the bushes in the garden he let out a sigh of astounding relief. The cookie rushed over, falling to the ground with his wolf and beginning to roll around as well. "Don't ever scare me like that again, Buddy!" He exclaimed, laughing and play wrestling with the animal. Wildberry watched from the doorway, a semi-smile on his stoic face. Maybe he's not as shut off as he seems.. he thought.
───*.:*.:*.*.:*.:*. ───
So as I said, very short, not much happens, etc. The chapters do get longer and more... Interesting as the fic goes on. If this catches on a bit I'll upload the next part in a week or so (maybe a few days?). Thank you for your time. - Eddie