⚾︎| chapter thirty nine

Start from the beginning

I never once acted like this with a girl. That sounds bad. Yes, there was feelings with most girls but not a feeling like this.

She told me she loved me for the last time and left me in the hallway by myself, "Oh fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I repeat over and over again. I hear footsteps again, hoping it's Kelani coming back, regretting her decision.

"Dude! Are you okay? You have two more rewards to receive. Where the fuck have you been?" It wasn't Kelani, it was Dallas. He turns on the light switch and sees me leaning against the wall.

"Oh shit." He says and hurries over to me, "No, you can't do this right now." He says as he fixes my hair that's a complete mess now. "You have two more rewards to receive, you can't look bad on T.V."

"Not doing it."

"You're doing it, you have to."

After many drinks, I stood on the stage, with a bright spotlight shining in-front of me. A thousand people staring at me waiting for my speech, but I didn't have one. I was now accepting my 2nd award of the night and couldn't think straight.

I clear my throat, "Well," I start off. "First off, I wanna thank my coach for believing in me & landing me to where I am today." I hear a few claps and I laugh while trying not to spill my drink and drop my trophy.

"Also, Big fucking thanks to, ah shit where you at man?" I spot the guy I'm looking for. "Blake Barrett for putting My girlfriend and me, through some shit!" I take a sip from my whiskey glass as I point at him. "Especially her." I add and some gasps can be heard around the room.

I can see his face from up on the stage, he looks so clueless when he knows he shouldn't. "Oh, can you not remember? Should I enlighten you in front of thousands of people?" I ask him but I don't need an answer because I'll do it either way.

I see a few guys in all black come up to me to get me off the stage, "I was just getting started, hold on!" I tell one of the guys. "Fuck you, Blake." I yell out at I'm getting dragged off the stage.

And that's when everything went dark and became a blur.

PRESENT
»»———-  ———-««

The questions I've been wanting to ask for a week came back for the third time, but I again, keep it to myself.

I immediately look at Dallas because I know if I kept looking at her, I would fold. "Hey, Dallas where do I put these?" I ask him and he points to the table beside Kelani. "Right there." He says.

I don't think that fucker realized she's right there.

As I walk over to the table she starts to stand up. "You don't have to get up, Kelani." I tell her as I place the wine bottles on the table. Don't make eye contact, there's consequences. Don't make eye contact, there's consequences.

"I know how much you hate heels, just sit there and look pretty." I said, knowing damn well what I did there. I feel a smirk forming.

I shake the spray can, "You don't have to do this, Lani" I take off the cap. "Just sit there and look pretty."

And maybe it wasn't the best thing to do after a breakup, but it was the only thing that came to mind.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I just thought it would be funny because you know..."

She snorts. "You're a dumbass, you know that?" She says as she gets up and reaches for phone in her purse. I clutch my heart, "Damn, Kelani. You can't even be nice to me, I've sent..." I count my fingers. "About 8 beautiful pink tulips. Your favorite." I say sarcastically.