⚾︎| chapter twenty nine

CHRISTIAN IRWIN
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

I hate not seeing her.

Kelani and I haven't talked in a week. Well, we've talked on the phone but just for a few minutes.

I can just tell by the sound of her voice, dance is draining her. Her voice sounds sleepy.

"Christian get your ass off that phone! you're up to bat." Dallas comes up behind me handing me my bat and gloves.

I take them from him and put on my batting helmet, still thinking about Kelani.

"Stop being such a sad fuck." He hits my helmet while I walk away from him.

I death stare him while I exit the dug-out. I walk to home base right in front of our catcher in ready position.

one swing, then, Clang.

Too fucking easy.

I flung my bat to the ground and ran to second base, where I was safe at.

My cleats dragging through the sand into second base.

"Nice one Irwin!" My teammate Zeke complimented me.

I get up from the ground, taking off my gloves. "Thanks." I say out of breath from sprinting to second base.

"C'mon Dallas, hit this one." I whisper to myself.

I dust myself off and all I hear is a clang letting me know Dallas hit the ball.

I look up at where the ball is going and it's making its way to right field.

I have enough time to run to third base.

I took off to third and with time left I finished to home base, I slide over home plate.

"Safe!" My coaches deep voice can be heard from beside me.

I get up from the ground, dust myself off and jog to the dugout to check if Kelani texted me back.

No notifications.

I let out a big sigh and throw my phone back into my backpack.

Is she avoiding me on purpose? No she would never.

»»———-  ———-««

I park my car outside of Ella's diner like usual, "Have you tried calling her?" I ask Dallas.

He lets out a big sigh and groan, "Oh for fucks sake dude! You're whipped for her." He pokes my shoulder.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am-" I open my car door and step outside, "I hate you." I slam my car door shut.

I look back at Dallas who's holding in his laughter watching me walk away from him. He gives me both of his middle fingers with that cheeky smile.

Fucking childish.

I roll my eyes and swing open the door hoping to maybe see Kelani here.

"Hey Chris." Coco says from the counter.

I look around then look at her, "You're looking for Lani, right?" She asks me.

I give her a nod then sit down in front of her, "She hasn't picked up any of my calls. I'm starting to get worried." I let her know.

She sighs, "Yeah, she's still at dance." She tells me, "She has a dance comp in like a day. Just give her time."

The thing is I don't have fucking time.

"Well," She breaks the awkward silence. "She has a solo, guess who she's going against."

"Who?"

"Riley Johnson."

Not surprised.

"Of course." I say with an eye roll. I never knew Riley did dance but then again, I don't know shit about her.

I hear a car honk and I know it's damn well it's Dallas.

I let out a big sigh and tell Coco goodbye and head out the door, ready to beat someones ass.

I open the door and see Dallas dangling my phone in a taunting way, "Kelani text-" I grab the phone from him before he can finish what I know he's going to say.

I open the message so fucking fast. "Finally." I say under my breath.

I hear Dallas in the background holding in his laugh. I know, I sound fucking stupid waiting for a girl to text me back or even call me back.

 I know, I sound fucking stupid waiting for a girl to text me back or even call me back

I sigh silently, "She said talk soon." I inform Dallas sitting back into the drivers seat and tossing my phone into the center console.

"Give her time." Is all he says.

Give her time.. Give her time. I've heard that twice today.

"Give her time my ass." I say before starting my car.

I've got a championship to worry about, I can't think about her right now.

a/n

aaaanddd we're back:) this chapter literally took me a month to write! wtf?