⚾︎| chapter twenty eight

KELANI PARKER
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

I anxiously tap my pen on my laptop, while I'm in the middle of taking notes for an upcoming final.

I glance back at the email I've received 10 minutes ago. There's no way my dance comp is a day before the championship game.

What the hell?

"Y'all are free to go once y'all have these notes filled out." My professor says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I look at my phone and it reads 2:30 pm. Thank God this is my last class for the day.

I finish up typing in my notes and close my laptop, placing it back in my bag.

I walk out of my class and text Coco.

»»------------ ⚾ ------------««

coco puffs<3

did you see that email? i'm freaking out.

girl yes!! this is a huugeee game, why
would they even schedule a freaking dance
comp on that day.

christian is going to be so bummed if 
i don't make it in time.

tell him ASAP! like maybe even today.
are you working today?

yes, i am.

well just tell him at the diner duhhhh!!
him and dallas always go to Ella's after practice.

you're right, yeah! okay i'll do that.

»»------------ ⚾ ------------««

As i'm taking orders Coco makes her way over to me, "So?"

I look at her confused, "So?" I ask her.

"Did you tell Christian about the whole dance comp thing?"

I internally groan just thinking about it.

"Nope, I haven't-" Before I can finish my sentence the sound of high heels and the door bursting open grabs my attention.

I look up to see who it is and holy fuck.

Riley and Blake holding hands.

"You've got to be kidding me." I whisper to myself.

"What the fuck?" Coco also whispers to herself.

Riley looks me up and down, "One chocolate and vanilla milkshake." She looks me up and down once again. "Thank you."

She walks off with Blake and they both sit down in a booth.

"Yeah fuck this." Coco walks off and goes into the break room.

"Wait, what! You're seriously going to leave me here?" 

I scoff and put their orders in, "I should be the one to leave." I whisper to myself.

As I wait for their drinks to be made a tap on my shoulder startles me.

I look to see who it is and it was Christian and boy let me tell you, he does not look to happy right now.

"What the fuck is going on with those two?" He says pointing to Riley and Blake.

"You're really mad about that?" I ask him.

"Not only that, but you didn't tell me your dance comp was a day before the game!" He yells.

How the hell?

I grab his arm and turn us around, "Who told you?" I whisper yell.

"Me."

Dallas says, in front of us eating fries.

I scoff and roll my eyes, "Who told you?"

"Coco." He says with his mouth full.

Just as i'm about to say something the bell rings, letting me know the milks shakes are done.

"Whatever, hold on." I tell them, grabbing the drinks.

I walk over to Riley and Blake's booth.

Blake looks at me, "Be right back babe, I need to use the restroom." He says before kissing her on the cheek.

He walks by me and barley brushes my shoulder.

Yuck.

I set down one milkshake down, "If this is a way to get back at me for whatever I've done." I set the other one down. "It's certainly not working."

She lightly laughs then tosses a strand of hair over her shoulder, "As if." She says. "He's good to me and-" She whispers, "He's really good in bed."

I look at her disgusted, "Okay, well good luck with an abusive motherfucker." I tell her then walk off.

It's just the beginning, Riley. He won't be good to you for so long.

I walk back to the counter and set down the tray.

"Will you make it to my game?" Christian asks hopeful.

I look up at him and smile, "Yes, I promise."

He put out his pinky finger. "Pinky promise you'll make it?" 

I laugh at his childishness, "What are we pre-schoolers?" I say sarcastically.

He rolls his eyes, "Just promise me."

I smile then stick out my pinky finger, "I pinky promise."

He smiles at me, "What's up with Riley and Blake." He asks changing the subject.

I look over at the two, "I guess their dating? He called her 'babe' right before I left." I explain to him.

He chuckles, "Probably just trying to get us jealous." He tells me.

That's true, there's no way the both of them are dating.