𝐈 | The Beginning

"I'm sorry, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" I'm somehow able to yell and whisper at the same time, glaring up at Stiles as he climbs a tree, a horrible attempt to break into the McCall house

"I'm sorry, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" I'm somehow able to yell and whisper at the same time, glaring up at Stiles as he climbs a tree, a horrible attempt to break into the McCall house. Why? Because this absolute dipshit thinks it would be a fucking amazing idea to look for a dead body in the woods, in the middle of the night. Not even a weekend, on a school night! The audacity of this boy.

All he does is flip me off, and while doing so he looks down at me. Big mistake, as he immedately falls down, hanging from the tree- Oh shit, when did Scott get out of the house? Of course, when a dumbass and a dumbass look at each other that means screaming. With a bat?! I just sink deeper into the bush I'm hiding in.

"Stiles! What the hell are you doing?!"

"You weren't answering your phone!" Why yes, Stiles, that is a very great reason to explain attempted breaking and entering. Definitely would hold up in court. "Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator!"

"A predat- Ha! Look, I know it's late but you got to hear this- Dad left 20 minutes ago, disbatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon department and even state police."

"For what?" Stiles wiggles on his branch, causing him to fall right into the same bush as me, luckily not on me. If he did fall on me, I swear to fucking everything holy, he will be the second dead body tonight. Instead, he just grabs my arm and pulls me up, revealing myself to the poor person we attempted to break into his house and slaughter.

"You heard it first, tell him-"

"...two joggers found a body in the woods."

"A dead body?"

"No, a body of water. Yes, dumbass, a body."

"You mean like murdered?"

"Nobody knows yet. All I heard on disbatch is that they identified her as a female, aged somewhere around her 20's?" Me and Stiles take turns climbing over the railing and onto the porch of the McCall house, so that we'd be face-to-face with Scott. Or, Stiles would be face-to-face, I still have to look up a little.

"Hold on, if they found a body, then what are they looking for?"

"That's the best part!"

"Don't phrase it like that, it's not the best part-" My voice goes unheard, and Stiles continues.

"They only found half. We're going."

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

A bumpy jeep ride later, and we're deep in the woods of Beacon Hills. Despite all of mine and Scott's protests, Stiles prosists in the end and gets a flashlight to lead our way.

"Are we seriously doing this?"

"You're the one always complaining that nothing happens in this town!"