RPF) Ava ❤️ (C.L./M.V.)

Depuis le début

"Isn't that Ava? Charles' ex?" He questioned before turning his full attention toward my phone. "Yeah, that's definitely Ava."

"Ava Hart?" I asked back, remembering how Charles' said her last name was Hart, and that was why she had the emoji.

"No, I think it was Ava Small. Might need to fact-check me on that," He responded before turning his body to face me. "Why do you ask?"

"Max, I think Charles is cheating on me," I whispered, coming to the realization.

"What?!" Max shouted before taking a step back upon seeing me flinch, taking a breath, and rephrasing, "Sorry, but what makes you say that?"

"He's so secretive about his phone, and the one time he left it in his room, there was a text message from a contact named Ava with a red heart," I started. Max began growing angry the more I explained, but I kept going because I needed to get it out. "All of the messages were in French, and I don't speak French, but I do know some affectionate names. Almost every message had mon amour (my love), ma chérie (my darling), or je t'aime (I love you) in it somewhere." I was word-dumping and losing my breath, but Max just pulled me into a hug in an effort to comfort me. He was running his hands up and down my back as I tried to keep myself from having a panic attack. I pulled back a little bit once I caught my breath enough to continue. "I asked him about the contact because, for all I know, Ava could've been a cousin or something. He said she's a friend and her last name is Hart."

"That is bullshit," Max seethed in response.

"That's what I'm saying," I chuckled weakly as I looked at the photo again. "And remember when I dyed my hair blonde a few months ago? Like when I first started dating him?" Max nodded in response, already knowing somewhat where this is going. "He asked me to dye my hair blonde. Ava's blonde. I was just a fucking toy for him."

"Do not call yourself that," Max pressed immediately. He placed his hands on my face to make me look up at him as a few angry tears escaped my eyes. "Schat (darling), do not waste your tears on that fucking idiot. Do you hear me?"

"Ja (yes)," I whispered, struggling to regulate my breathing. "It's just...did I do something wrong?"

"No," he interrupted quickly, "don't think like that. You are not to blame for his poor life choices."

"Did he lie the whole time about loving me?" I started spiraling as my breathing picked up and my face began heating up. Max sighed but decided that I needed to get this out. "He always said shit about how I should change my hair, change my style, change my personality. All the while he was fucking his ex behind my back-"

"We don't know that yet," Max quickly threw in his two cents.

"Oh, if you saw the messages, you would come to the same conclusion, Maxie," I fumed. I threw my head back, causing Max's hands to drop from my face to rest on my shoulders. "I should've listened to you. You said that he was no good, but I wanted to see the good in him. I'm so sorry Maxie."

"Don't ever fucking apologize to me about that," He whispered, pulling me into another hug. "You just want to see the best in everyone, and it's admirable. But sometimes, you can't help everyone."

"It hurts, Maxie," I cried into his chest. "Why does it hurt so much if I was never happy?"

"It's because you care, Y/n/n," He comforted. "It's because you care."

The moment was destroyed by the shrill ringing of my phone. I groan as I reach over, keeping one arm around Max, and check to see who is calling. His ears must have been ringing because it was Charles.

"Hi Charlie," I greeted with a tight smile even though he couldn't see me as I leaned back into Max's chest. Max gave me a tight squeeze as he moved his hand along my arm. "What's up?"