CHAPTER 41: FORCED CHOICE

Start from the beginning

Mr. K's attack moved at an incredible speed. He knew that even if the person behind the hood was fast, there was no way he could react to his attack.

But as the attack was about to connect, The Hooded figure held up a finger and deflects Mr. K's attack easily.

*CLANG*

*SLICE*

*BANG*

The force from the Hooded Figure finger sends Mr. K crashing into the wall after his attack.

"KEUK...!"

Mr. K looked shocked by the situation. He got flung across the room with ease, without seeing the enemy's attack. This was the first time he had experienced such shame after many years of battles.

"ARGH..."

Mr. K feels a sharp pain in his left arm. He looks at it and noticed that his entire forearm was missing.

"Arrrghhhh...!"

Mr. K yelled in pain while trying to stop the bleeding with his mana.

"That was rude, attacking me without a second thought, brave and decisive but foolish..."

The Hooded figure said in a more serious tone than before.

"Now you've lost an arm... Well, it doesn't matter. Now, back to what I was saying. I killed you, then resurrected you. You don't have to thank me. But now you are different from before.

Inside you, you have my blood swimming around like a fish. And that little blood is what's keeping you alive, for the next hour at least, then you die."

The Hooded figure said in a nonchalant tone.

[THAT'S A LIE, THEY HAVE AT LEAST 24 HOURS TO LIVE.]

Alpha said in Helena's mind.

"SHUSH, they don't need to know that."

Helena replied in her mind.

"No-no-no!!, I don't want to experience it again, please."

Grace knelt, scared in front of the Hooded figure as she begged desperately for her life.

Seeing Grace beg for her life, the Hooded figure turns her gaze toward Mr. K before saying.

"At least someone understands the situation."

The Hooded figure walks to Grace, crouches, and lifted Grace's chin. She Stares into Grace's eyes and could see the desperation and fear of death in her eye.

"There is a way for you to survive. You just have to take a life before an hour passes. And after you do, you will belong to me...Now the choice is yours. You either kill to survive or refuse and die."

The Hooded figure spoke in a persuasive tone.

"LIES! Ugh...There is no way for humans to be revived after death. Even the magic tower can't do such a thing. So, how can a coward who hides behind a hood perform such magic?

If am not wrong, what we saw before was the effect of a potion, that shows hallucinations... Cough!"

Mr. K denied the Hooded figure's words, while in grueling pain.

"Well, believe me, or not, the choice is yours."

The Hooded figure said before disappearing.

After the Hooded figure disappeared, Grace stood from the floor, unsteady on her feet, with her head lowered. Like she was possessed, she walks towards Mr. K, who is in grueling pain from his missing arm. swaying side to side.

"Arrrgh... Grace, get me the healing potion in the ring quickly."

Mr. K commanded.

"..."

But Mr. K notices that Grace did not reply. Instead, she stood motionless in front of him. His brows frowned as he became angry.

"HEY! WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE? DO WHAT I TOLD YOU TO DO."

Mr. K yelled at Grace in an angry tone.

"I... am sorry... I am sorry. I have to do this to survive."

Grace mumbled as she walks closer to Mr. K, takes out the healing potion, and drops it.

As Mr. K saw the potion fall, he lunged forward to catch it immediately. Knowing that it was the only healing potion left in the ring and that his life depended on it.

*STAB*

——————————-

OUTSIDE THE ROOF OF THE DARK KIGHT GUILD BASE

[HOST, WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD COME OUT OF THAT ROOM ALIVE?]

Alpha asked.

"Well... it depends on who wants to live more. But whoever it is, will be reborn."

Helena said as she smiles. While running back to the palace at an incredible speed.

*WHOOSH*