BACK AT RILEY'S HOUSE

Jay turns around to Markus, who has clearly been daydreaming about something all the way to the house, as he has not said a single word since we got on the road back here in Wales. "Markus, we are here".

"What? Oh, sorry... I just remembered something," Markus smiles at us and then looks out of the car window at the house.

"My god, it hasn't changed as much as I would have had expected... It basically still looks the same from the outside, just a bit newer, that is all," Markus says.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We decide to show him the inside of house inside as well. It clearly looks a lot different now, but Markus seems happy to be back.

"I have kept all your old stuff. It is in the basement, if you want to have any of it back," I tell Markus.

"You did? You really kept everything?" Markus looks surprised.

"Yes, it felt wrong to throw it away," I explain.

Then Markus sees the pile of newspapers and photos on the table that we had been looking at before we left to find him.

He slowly walks over to the table and looks at the things in front of him without saying anything.

"How about I make some tea," I suggest, disappearing into the kitchen.

"Markus, please have a seat," Cedric points to the sofa.

"Of course," Markus replies and sits down, still not taking his eyes off the things on the table.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few moments later, I bring the tea and place a cup on the living room table in front of Markus.

"You told me back in Germany that my wife haunts this house, right?" Markus asks us.

"Yes, I believe it to be her. She looks like the woman on the photo we showed you," I explain.

"I see... I see. And you found me with the help of those newspapers there," he points to the papers still lying on the table.

"No, we found you with the help of letters that were written to Jane by a woman called Elise. There was an old address of Jane's in Llandrindod Wells on the envelope. So we drove there and were able to speak to a lovely lady, Anne, who was a friend of Jane's when they were growing up. She was the one who told us your full name. That's how we were able to track you down," Cedrick says with a pleased look on his face.

"Remarkable," Markus answers, then falls into a thought process that Jay interrupts after a few moments of silence.

"So, how did you, as a German citizen, come to live in Wales?"

"What?... Oh sorry, how I did I come to live in Wales, you want to know. Well, that is an interesting story...," he begins.