.

The rain of bullets flooded towards me.

I deployed my shock-resistant shield from my forearm. The umbrella-like shield had a surface that was coated with heat and shock resistant superalloy and could ward off most low mass attacks. It was specially made to withstand the high energy from Arahabaki.

The full metal jacket bullets slid off the surface of my shield and thumped back. Three of the bullets got stuck in the shield, the kinetic energy from them causing the alloy to peel. However, the damage was minimal.

I jumped twice with my shield still raised, trampling over the soldier's rifle. As soon as I landed on the wall behind him, I practically bounced back and rammed into his back.

My sensors picked up the light impact of broken ribs. First one down.

While stepping on the soldier, I used my long legs to sweep the feet of a different soldier, which caused him to fall. I pierced the needle on my finger in the base of the fallen soldier's neck. I injected some medicine. That's two down.

However, the time that it took me to incapacitate the other two was enough for the third soldier to prepare to shoot.

The third soldier aimed his gun at me. Both of my hands were on the ground, so I couldn't deploy my arm shield because of my body weight. I searched for a countermeasure at a high speed. None of those measures would make it in time.

No steps needed to be taken.

The soldier's body sprung up.

His body convulsed with the bursting sound of an electrical shock and he dropped his gun. After a few seconds of agonized sounds, he lost all power and fell to the ground.

I didn't do a thing. 

From the back of the corridor behind the soldier, my savior appeared.

They were the last person I was expecting to be here.

"How boring," that person said, dropping the taser gun that was typically used to disperse riots. "Even with electricity, killing people is just killing people. I'm so bored of it."

"You're... From the Port Mafia."

Dazai Osamu.

The person who dragged Chuuya-sama into the Port Mafia.

"Nice to meet you, Investigator-san. Where's Chuuya?"

The boy about the same age as Chuuya-sama asked, throwing away the taser gun with indifference.  

"Chuuya-sama is..."

"Has he already been captured? Or maybe it's around the time you've rescued him." Dazai-san stepped over the incapcitated soldiers and walked over here. "That's not any fun. That means I missed Chuuya being tortured and bawling his eyes out." 

"Tortured? Chuuya-sama?"   

Was the captured Chuuya-sama being tortured? There was a possibility. But why would this boy know anything about that? Why was he here in the first place?

Dazai-san's nullification ability could certainly be used as a trump card in the battle against Verlaine. Even if Verlaine tried to make contact with him because of that, he evidently was not captured. So then, why was he in a place like this?

"'Why has he come here', you ask? I'll tell you. I'm here because this is part of the plan. 'What plan', you ask? I'll tell you. Everything. From beginning to end, the events of this Verlaine incident have been in the palm of my hand. 'What do you mean', you ask?"

In order to better understand Dazai-san's remarks, my processor has made it a top priority to analyze this information. However, Dazai-san's thinking speed was much faster than that. It was taking all I could just to keep up.