.

A loud "bang!" echoed around the surrounding streets.

⤗⤗⤗⥁⬽⬽⬽𝅕

Something that looked like blood fell from the stock-still Chuuya's head.

—Variously colored confetti strings, that is.

"Chuuya! Happy one year anniversary since joining the Port Mafia!"

The men's excited voices echoed around the bar.

Chuuya looked around at all the men with an irritated look.

"Are you guys stupid...?"

White smoke rose from each of the gun's barrels and vividly colorful paper strings sat atop Chuuya's head as confetti fluttered in the air.

The men stared at Chuuya, who was covered from head to toe with string, with a grin.

All of the men gathered there were members of a "benefits society" inside the Port Mafia. However, it wasn't just a group providing mutual aid to each other. These members were the most successful candidates to become the next executives and were either equal to or better than Chuuya. Not to mention, the group was comprised of young members aged 25 or younger. They were the young wolves of the Port Mafia that could only be called, "The Young People's Association" by the organization.

Chuuya heaved a sigh and, without greeting anyone, walked to the back of the store.

"What's wrong, Chuuya? You're not pleased?" A tall man asked Chuuya's back. "Everyone got together just for you."

"I don't celebrate things like first year anniversaries." Chuuya flatly refused him. "It's not a big enough deal for me to be happy."

"Don't say that! You must be pleased." The tall man said as he followed Chuuya. "We'll make time for souvenirs and presents later. Isn't it fun acting like a student?"

Chuuya stopped walking to turn around and glare at him.

"In other words, you're the mastermind, 'Pianoman'. You really have a shitty taste for jokes."

"Exactly! And I'm still breathing today just to annoy everyone here with this shitty joke."

The mafioso wearing a black overcoat and a long, white hakama returned Chuuya's cutting remark with a cool smile. Known in the organization as, 'Pianoman'—his clothes were always in black and white. He was tall, had slender fingers, and always wore a happy smile on his face. He founded the Young People's Association and played the role of leader. He was also the one who invited Chuuya to join their association.

Pianoman was more of a craftsman than a mafioso. He was the only person in Yokohama who could make Super-bills that looked exactly like the real ones. But, since he had a fickle personality, if he wasn't satisfied with the quality of the counterfeit bills, there was no telling how many months things would go undone. Even if it was on the boss's orders. 

By the way, the nickname Pianoman didn't come from his black and white clothes. When he kills his enemies, he uses an electric, carbon steel piano wire gun. Once that wire wrapped around their necks, no amount of superhuman strength could undo it and within seconds, their heads fell to the floor. All that would be left behind was a perfect space between each shoulder, a large amount of blood, and the reverberated screams of each victim.

He was a man who combined whimsical delicacy with brutality. It's said that among the Young People's Association, he was the closest to becoming an executive.

As Chuuya walked to the back of the store, another man raised his voice.

"Hahaha! You should've seen the look on your face, Chuuya! At least this time around, I wanted to be in on this performance! Nakahara Chuuya, the young star and former enemy of the mafia, 'The King of the Sheep'! It was so worth joining the Young People's Association just to see the troubled look on your face!"