Chapter-14 (A favour? Nope)

...

It has been a day since that incident, and honestly, she forgot about that, cause getting almost robbed or murdered is not very new to her, but she will...remember him.

She stared at her pancakes with no appetite or whatsoever with a look of being dead inside as she looked outside her open window, the sky was covered with clouds which made the scene all quiet and silent, but we all know that, it is the silence before the storm.

She really wanted to eat something out of home cooking, cause let's face it, her cooking maybe good and all, but eating the same thing over and over again is pure torture. So she decided to eat lunch outside and wander around until bored. She had five more days of extra holidays anyways.

She quickly consumed those boring pancakes to not waste it and quickly changed into her favourite hoodie as it was chilly outside and grabbed her umbrella on the way to the front door. Let us just say that, she woke up late and had breakfast two hours before lunch time-  (Literally me on holidays lol)

She opened the door, walked outside and shivered for a moment as it starts drizzling. Even if it was about to rain, she did not want to eat cup noodles or her cooking at home, so she just walked to her favourite restaurant with an open umbrella while it was drizzling peacefully.

As she was two minutes away from that place, something struck her...that restaurant won't open until another two hours! Welp, typical Carol. With a sigh of defeat, she decided to take a walk in the park she was attacked yesterday, cause this time, she had something amazin' in her purse. Good thing there are no security checks in the park... (Reference to chapter 5 again!)

Now and again, there was no one in the park. It started to rain heavily, forcing her to hold onto her umbrella tightly as the harsh winds were trying so hard to steal it. I mean, what did she expect? Who would come to the park which has no closing or something on top in this rain?

Nevermind...she noticed a figure sitting on one of the benches afar, getting drenched in the rain. He doesn't even budge, it seemed like, something more than the rain was bothering him.

She slowly crept to him without a second thought and saw the man who helped her yesterday, was a little off. Even if she did see him once, she remembered his cheerful and cheeky eyes, but now, they were sad and gloomy.

She raised the umbrella over his head which took him sometime to realise as he was not getting wet anymore even if it was still raining. His eyes aviated to the woman beside him, who was standing behind the bench he was seated on and held the umbrella for him.

"You don't owe me a favour, you can leave" he said bluntly with no feelings as he burrowed his face back into his arms,

"Favour? Pfft...who said I owe you one?" She chuckled as she was getting a little wet from the rain, "I would have done this even if it was someone else"

"Oh really missy?" He asked in a rather harsh tone as he layed back the bench, "and what do you benifit by doing so?"

"Nothing" she replied instantly with a smile, "Ever heard of the word 'kindness' Mister? Do I need to expect something for doing a good deed?"

"...You should go home, leave" he muttered, "you will catch a cold"

"Oh? What about you then? Are you so special that, you won't get sick Mister Gloomy dude?"

"I already told you, you don't owe me anything, you can leave if you want" he mumbled, loud enough for her to hear. He expected her to go at this point as in his point of view, she was doing this as a 'favour' and a return for yesterday.

"I don't know what is bothering you, but getting drenched in the rain for it is just not worth it, Mister" she said, still holding up her umbrella for him. He glanced at her who was smiling like a child and immediately looked somewhere else, flustered, as a he felt somewhat a warm feeling in this cold weather,

"Alright then" he said, a smile curled up his lips without his consent, as he got up from the bench, "let me hold it, you are too short"

"I-I am not short! You are just tall!" She stuttered as she has to break her neck every time she wants to see his face now. (Literally! When I want to speak to my elder cousin, I have to break my neck everytime to look at their face! Just why are they so tall???)

She hands over her umbrella to him as he just holds it above him which covers him and the short lady beside him. She doesn't really feel any sort of uncomfortable sensations as some part of her felt like, she knew him for quite a while and that, he is a pretty nice dude who doesn't have any moto to do anything which may make her feel bad.

"Are you sure we have never met before, Mister?" She whispered, but this time, he stayed a bit quiet before answering,

"Mmhm, never seen a short lady like you before in my life"

"...alright"

...

Done so much action and hero stuff...now it is time for ROMANCE HAHA-

...