Gwen Stacy x Reader: Where are you?

(1k words) Art not mine btw.. Warning - sad (and potentially cringey) stuff. ENjOY!

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Tears fell from your cheeks as you ran down the sidewalk, it happened again. Your boyfriend of 7 months cheated on you, again. You were done with him and second chances, you were tired of his bullshit. This was the second time it happened, you found him at the school bathrooms, making out with another girl. The only person you could turn to was your best friend, Gwen.

You rang the doorbell 3 times, waiting urgently, tapping your feet. When the door finally opened, you flung yourself into her arms, making her topple back a bit.

        "Hey...What's going on?" She asked, pulling you into a hug as you cried, resting your head on her chest. She pulled you into the apartment and onto the couch after she closed the door. You sobbed into her shoulder, telling her everything that happened. Your boyfriend who cheated on you and how you were done with second chances. 

         "A-And...I just can't believe him! How could he do this to me?! After everything..?!!" You exclaimed, ranting to her whilst in her arms, resting your head on her. She let you get all your steam out, being a great friend and listener. You always felt you could trust her with anything and everything.

--

You walked into school, ready to give your boyfriend a piece of your mind. You made your way over to his locker, where he was getting ready for then next class and slammed it shut, turning to him. Your look of absolute anger made him jump, and he knew you knew exactly what went on in the bathrooms the day before.

        "L-Listen, Y/N, I'm so sorry, it was- it was a mistake and I never should've-" 

        "Save it, we're done." You said before leaving, the other students in the hall watched as you walked away, having witnessed the entire scene play out. You trudged through the hallway feeling pretty bad after what you'd done, maybe he really is sorry... you thought. Maybe I should give him another chance...Thoughts like these scampered through your mind endlessly.

--

You walked home silently, a part of you felt guilty for breaking up with you ex in front of the entire school, you felt like a bitch. But another part of you was glad, he deserved it after all but you thought that maybe you were too harsh? You kept walking, the only thing you wanted to do now was vent to Gwen.

Well, now that you thought of it, Gwen was on your mind pretty much all the time, the #1 person in your life. You blushed, thinking about how much you she lived in your head rent-free and you pulled out your phone, looking at your lock screen. It was a photo back when you two first went on a roller coaster together, you smiled, looking at your screaming face.

You finally made it back to your house, you slumped down on the couch, tossing your bag onto the floor carelessly,  groaning into the soft linen. You texted Gwen to see if she was available, no reply. She must've been busy, you laid on the couch, tired.

--

It was Friday, and the weekend was spent rethinking all your life choices, you scrolled on your ex's Instagram only to see he got with the girl he initially cheated on you with, the comments being mostly positive. You sighed, taking another spoonful of ice-cream to the mouth.

You got a phone call all of a sudden, from Gwen. You immediately picked up, glad you guys were having another conversation since she comforted you at her place.

        "Hey- Y/N..." She said quietly, as if she was in pain. It was hard to hear her speak through the loud sounds int he background, it sounded like objects were being thrown around, you could hear grunts from her or someone else.

       "Gwen? Wh-What's going on? Are you alright?" You asked frantically, gripping your phone tightly as your worries grew, you'd be devastated if anything bad happened to her.

        "Yeah- I'm-I'm fine, everything's gonna be okay. I just wanted to say, if I don't make it, I love you, cough I have for a long time and- it's embarrassing for me to admit. This will probably be the last time we talk and-" It cut off, you wiped your tears from your face.

You rushed over to her apartment, ringing the door frantically, tears streaming down you face as you wiped them away. When the door finally opened you looked up, relief washing over you. It wasn't who you expected it to be, it was her dad, whom you rarely ever saw, he was nice though.

        "Are you alright.?" He asked, looking down at you with concern, "how can I help you?"

        "I-Is Gwen here?" You asked, looking at him with a pleading expression, begging for him to say she was there, perfectly fine.

        "She...She's been gone for a while. Are you one of her friends?" You felt your heart stop, what on earth happened..? You shook your head, looking away from his gaze, not wanting to alarm him.

        "It's fine, I was just wondering." You said calmly before walking away, you slumped your back onto a wall  as you turned the corner. Pulling out your phone, you looked at your call history, looking at the call you two shared. You sighed before going to your photo album.

You flicked through pictures of you two, smiling, the tears dripped down onto your phone and you wiped them off. She said she loved you and you were sure you loved her back, but now there was no way of telling her how you felt and it completely broke your heart, shattered into a million pieces.

 You turned your head up to the night sky, admiring its beauty. Maybe one day Gwen would return to you, but that one day is just not today.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘

this was pretty fun to write lol!!