Miles Morales x Reader: Unknown Whereabouts

(3.91k words) Art not mine btw.. Warning - corny stuff and uh sad stuff.   ENjOY!

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘ 

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷  You liked Miles, he was your best friend after all. You two met at Brooklyn Visions Academy and instantly hit it off. He was funny and made you laugh every time you two spoke, he cheered you up when you were down and vice-versa. After a couple of months you developed feelings for him, strong feelings. Feelings you couldn't suppress, you were planning to tell him in a few weeks but the day before your planned confession, he met an old friend. Gwen Stacy.

For starters, you didn't hate Gwen, she was cool and funny...you were jealous, plain and simple. Every time you saw them together or every time you saw him laugh at something she said sent a pang of jealousy within you. And it was only a matter of time before they got together.

        "Y/N!!" Miles said in excitement, running up to you from behind as you were grabbing your book for next period. You turned around and he put his hand on your shoulders, looking into your eyes with the brightest smile on his face.

       "Guess what?!" He said, beaming. You could already guess what had happened, after all he always talked about Gwen at least once every time you two had a conversation.

        "Yeah? You seem excited.." You said with a small smile.

        "Excited?! That's an understatement, okay so you know how me and Gwen have been hanging out a lot?? Well- Yesterday we were hanging out at the park and she said she liked me!! We're dating now!!" He said all excited, a wide grin on his face.

        "Really? I thought you'd never get together, congrats!" You said with a bright smile, looking back at him. In reality, their new relationship hit you like a bullet, you wanted to go home and cry your eyes out.

        "Thanks Y/N! I appreciate it!." He said back before running off.

And that, was the last time you saw him. He was missing and all of your calls went to voicemail, you tried to go to his house to see  where he was but it seemed his parents didn't know either. Him and Gwen just mysteriously disappeared. It broke your heart knowing he could be hurt, or worse, but part of you was hopeful, maybe he was somewhere out there. 

Unbeknownst to you, Miles was having the time of his life, he was invited to join the Spider Society, and Miles accepted, wanting to get some space (or maybe even the rest of his life) away from his parents as they had a rocky relationship and recently had a big argument, he didn't wanna go back and this was a nice distraction. Miles was focused on helping out in Spider Society and his new girlfriend, he almost forgot about you.

--

You thought about him everyday, and days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, he was proclaimed dead, you cried every night into your pillow, spiraling into deep depression. You tried to think positively, it wasn't like they had found actual evidence...he could've just ran away but the thought of him not wanting to come back hurt more than anything.

It'd almost been a year when since Miles was gone, and your wound never fully healed. Of course you still had a life, you had made more friends since then and was the bubbly friend in the group. A funeral was held for Miles, and you brought him fresh flowers every week.

One night, you woke up in a cold sweat, not again you thought, getting up to get a glass of water. It was difficult to get back to bed and you kept shifting in your bed. All of a sudden, you felt a sharp pain on your wrist, looking down to see a bright neon red spider. Screaming as it bit you, you jumped out of bed and switched the lights on, waving your hand around viciously, trying to get it off. The spider scrunched up and seemingly died after biting you and you threw it out of your window asap.