Ch. 16.2 - The Eversource

Start from the beginning

Jesse: "Mmm-hmm..." I silently admired the original island as I took out a cobblestone block from the generator.

Milo: "Wow! I always wondered what the generator looked like. Lava and water placed exactly far enough apart that when they collide... it creates cobblestone! It sounds so simple; why have I never thought of that?"

Jesse: "Well, at least now you know how it works." Milo began writing something on his arm.

Milo: "I need to build one back in Build Club; I can't let this opportunity go to waste!"

Jesse: "Uh, okay then..." While Milo continued writing down every little detail about the generator like he was making a blueprint, I walked back to the entrance of the garden. When I looked around, there was another thing that caught my eye. Yeah, I remember now. There was a small dead bush placed right at the entrance. That should give me enough sticks for a lever.

"Hopefully no one will miss one dead bush..." I punched the dead bush, obtaining the sticks. With the materials needed, I walked over to the crafting table that was also sitting here in this garden. I assume this is where the Founder would craft the materials for the city; I'm sure she won't mind if I borrow her table just once, right? With that in mind, I craft the lever and head back to the secret door. "Okay, guys! I have the lever! Everyone regroup!"

Petra and Milo returned, while Lukas was already waiting here. We initially wonder where Ivor went until we see him come over from the other side of the room.

Lukas: "Is he stuffing away a book he just stole from that bookshelf?"

Petra: "Ivor... really? You're stealing?"

Ivor: "Hey! I have a good reason! Check the cover!" We all take a closer look.

Habits of the Endermen by Soren?

Jesse: "Hah? How'd that get here?" Multiple questions immediately flood my brain.

Ivor: "I don't know either; that's why I have to keep it to find out more about it. But enough about that; let's focus on the Eversource for now!"

Petra: "Well, I guess you're stealing from the dictator, so I don't really have anything against it..." We shrug our arms as I open the secret door with the new lever. As soon as I flicked it, the wall opened up, and five empty minecarts came rolling out.

Ivor: "Excellent! This is it! These minecarts must lead directly to the eversource!"

Jesse: "Eversource, here we come!" We hop into the minecarts as we start driving them through the secret door. On the other side of the wall was an almost vertical tunnel leading down, causing the carts to start tumbling down the tunnel. As we drove further down, the tunnel made turns every now and then, causing our ride to become even more chaotic than it already is.

After a short but intense ride, the tunnel finally opens up to a secret room. We are probably around 100 meters below the city right now. Wow, the underside of an island really is bigger than we would initially think. We hit the end of the rail track, causing the carts to come to a sudden stop. "Oof... that was a rougher ride than I thought it would be..."

Lukas: "Well, at least we didn't crash." We hopped off the minecarts as we took in the secret room we were in.

Jesse: "Wow, look at all these chests..." All around us were large stacks of double chests, decorating the walls of the room.

Petra: "Yeah, and they're all labeled?"

Lukas: "I mean, don't you label your chests?"

Petra: "I mean to label different kinds of blocks and such, but take a closer look! These don't make sense!"