Chapter 3: Look at it Slideways

Yawn!
Almond wakes up from her sleep. She quite literally jumps out of her bed and looks around her room. She sees her bed. She sees the door to the bathroom, she sees her nightstand, she sees her desk, and she sees the sack Computer gave her.
She hasn't opened the sack yet. All she knows is that there are multiple objects in it and they are all spherical.
She takes the sack in her hand and unties it. Inside there are glowing white spheres. She takes one in her hand. It's smooth. She takes a closer look and sees that the number "1" is inscribed on each and every one.
"Maybe I can see what I can buy at the shop," she thinks to herself, "But first I should brush my teeth and stuff."
...
After she uses the bathroom, she leaves her room and heads toward the store. Inside, there are multiple shelves: some of them open, some of them behind locked glass. There is a counter with a cash register and conveyor belt. Behind the counter is a stick of glue with her nose in a book.
"Hi, Gluestick!" Almond greets her.
"Hey," Gluestick barely removes her eyes from her book, "Finally decided to use your points, huh?"
Almond nods in agreement, although Gluestick most likely didn't see. Almond browses the shelves, seeing if there is anything interesting.
After some time, she sees it.
"It's beautiful," she marvels as her eyes sparkle. She takes it off the shelf and looks at it. She goes to Gluestick and hands her her item, but Gluestick refuses.
"Please put it on the conveyor belt," she tells Almond. Almond puts her item at the end of the conveyor belt and waits for it to reach the cash register. Almond taps her feet waiting.
...
After an hour, Almond's item makes it to the cash register. Gluestick picks it up, but then gives it to Almond.
"Aren't you gonna scan it?" She asks.
"You forgot to use a divider," Gluestick tells her. Almond sighs and puts both her item and a divider at the end of the conveyor belt.
...
At this point, she resorted to walking around the store. The item, once again, meets Gluestick and Almond runs up to her. Gluestick scans the item and checks the cash register.
"That'll be 10 points," Gluestick tells her.
"Perfect!" Almond gives her the entire sack of spheres. Gluestick takes the points in the sack and puts it in the cash register. She hands Almond her item and goes back to reading her book.
Meanwhile, Almond leaves the store and enters the dormitory.
"This is going to be so much fun!" She thinks to herself, "Hmmm, I have an idea!"
She re-enters her room and sits down at her desk. She opens it and pulls out sheets of paper and a pen. She writes on each sheet, "If you wanna have fun, come to THE POOL!!!! It's gonna be really really fun and I have a surprise! :D -Almond"
After she finishes, she slides a piece of paper under every contestant's door. She goes to the pool and takes out her item and starts constructing it.
After some time, people begin to arrive with the first being Pearl and Button.
"Hi, Almond!" Pearl waves at her.
"Hey, Pearl!" Almond walks away from the thing she is building and goes up to her, "Glad you could make it!"
"I'll take any excuse to swim," Pearl admits, "I was actually planning on swimming today, anyway."
Almond turns to Button as Pearl dives into the pool, "What about you?"
"Nope, can't," he tells her, "I'm not water-proof."
He takes a seat at a nearby beach chair and looks at the structure Almond is working on. "Is that a slide?" He asks. Wow, who could've guessed that Almond was building a slide? There was no way to tell.
Almond confirms this, "Yep! It's gonna be great! People can slide down it, and it's going to be so much fun!"
Almond then remembers who she is talking to, "Although, you can't swim. Sorryyyyy."
"Nah, it's alright," he reassures her as he pulls out sunglasses and a foil refractor, "I'll just work on my tan."
Almond looks up. At the ceiling. She then goes back to her slide and continues building.
...
A little while later, Apple Juice comes in.
"Hey, dude!" Almond greets him.
"Hello, Almond," He looks at the slide, "Would you like some help with that?"
"Oh, yes please! Can you please read the instructions to me?"
Apple Juice picks up a monochrome booklet and opens it up to see a language he can't read.
"What's it say?" Almond asks.
"I, uh, hmm. I... can't read this," he admits.
"Oh. Well, I can't either!" Almond also admits, "But I'm doing pretty good, so maybe we don't need to."
"Really?" Apple Juice looks again at the structure Almond is making, "Maybe I should get the translator..."
Almond stops him. "Nah, don't worry. Why don't you take a dip in the pool?"
Apple Juice hesitantly walks into the shallow end of the water and splashes around a bit.
Pearl emerges from the water and slightly startles him.
"Why don'tcha come in the deep end?" she asks him, "Scared?"
"Uh, no, err, I mean, uh, "Apple Juice looks at her awkwardly, "Maybe."
"Come on, there's nothing to be afraid of," and Pearl goes deeper into the pool. Apple Juice follows her, but he doesn't actually know how to swim, so he drowns.
"Oh, oops," Pearl comments.
Apple Juice comes back into the pool, but stays in the shallow end this time.
Wallet comes through the door and is greeted by Almond.
"Hey, Wally! Glad you could make it!"
Wallet, watching her step so she does not slip, and asks her, "Yeah, hi, could you do me a favor and never call me that again?"
"Oh!" Almond's surprised, "Um, sure, Wallet."
Almond hits the slide with a hammer a couple of times and then throws it away.
"I did it!" she exclaims, "I finished the slide! Wallet, you wanna have a go?"
She turns to look at Wallet, but she then realizes where she threw the hammer.
Wallet returns to the pool, recovered, but a bit annoyed.
"Be more careful, yeah?" she asks of Almond.
"Alright, but do you wanna go down the slide?" Almond asks her. Wallet looks at the slide and decides it is best not to. "No thank you, I'll just watch."
Almond is a bit disappointed but doesn't mind that much because that means she can go on the slide sooner! She jumps onto the smooth part and slides down. The slide ramps up, and Almond shoots into the sky. Everyone in the room looks up and gasps. Well, except for Button, who's still... uh... "tanning" or something. She returns to the ground and makes a ginormous splash in the water. Apple Juice and Wallet shield themselves from the incoming water while Pearl dives down into the pool, holding her breath. After the splash ends, those who care go to check if Almond is alright. Luckily, Almond emerges from the pool to make a huge inhalation.
"That was fun, I wanna do it again!" she exclaims as she exits the pool and climbs the slide again.
...
It has been quite a while since everyone arrived, and the pool party has ended. Everyone leaves the pool room, except for Button, and they all head to their rooms for the night.
Almond goes from her bedroom to her bathroom and washes up. She dries herself and flicks the light switch. She jumps into her covers and closes her eyes.
-
Haha, bet you weren't expecting chapter 3 to happen this early!  I thought it would be nice to have these slice-of-life episodes every now and then. However, in the future these kinds of chapters may have more backstory to them...
Anyway, now, let's see how many words this chapter has!
1,282 words
Wow, a lot less than usual. Although, maybe that's a good thing. I am planning on making this 30 chapters long, hehe.
Also, before I end this chapter, you should know that I didn't choose Almond for no reason. I don't know, maybe it has to do with some kind of vote?
Speaking of which, why don't you choose the person that's your favorite? They could be a contestant, host, or even a staff member!

 I don't know, maybe it has to do with some kind of vote?Speaking of which, why don't you choose the person that's your favorite? They could be a contestant, host, or even a staff member!

This vote will end on July 30th, 2023. With that, have a good rest of your day! :D