The Marriage Pact

Start from the beginning

In a lavish restaurant a young man waited for someone

In a lavish restaurant a young man waited for someone. He looked at his watch impatiently. She was supposed to come a good five minutes before! He hated woman who had no respect for time! He was about to get up and leave, but the boy sitting beside him held his hand and forced him to sit!

"She is already late, Ved" the young man expressed his irritation.

"Your watch is 5 minutes fast, Big-b" the boy rolled his eyes and pointed at the door, where a young woman was entering, escorted by a boy his own age.

The young man sighed and sat down. His only reason to run had just Poofed into the air.

"Behave, Big-b" Vedant warned and got up to greet the young lady.

"Hello di! Glad to meet you again"

The lady smiled and greeted him back.

The young boy who came with her pulled the chair for her and made sure she sat comfortably.

"Kaise ho aap, sir?" He looked at the young man with a smile.

"Das minute pehle tak khush tha. Aab pata nehi" he drawled lazily.

"Maine pehle he kaha tha, yeh battamez hai, Vikky." The lady got up angrily, "only an idiot would marry him"

"Woh!! Great realization lady! If you are not an idiot walk away" the young man gave her an insulting smile.

"big-b, you promised",  Vedant hissed

"I promised to meet her! I have met her! Now can we leave?"

The young man got up but Verdant forced him to sit "baat karo pehle aap"

"There is nothing to talk, Ved" the young lady hissed! "I will not marry him. Not even if he was the last man on the earth"

She got up, but Vikky blocked her way "you promised, bhabhi"

"I promised to come with you! I came! Now can we leave?"

Vikky made her sit down "aab yaha tak aa he gaye hai to ek baar baat he kar lo bhabhi! Sir bohot ache hai. Please mere khatir. Talk ok???"

The lady sighed but nodded her head. The boys walked away. Leaving them alone.

They glared at each other. Both annoyed at being forced to meet.

"You annoy me, Malhotra" the lady was the first one to break the silence.

"Glad my lady! At least i am doing something correct" The young man smiled.

Nisha wanted to hurl insults at him but she controlled her annoyance. She really needed to find a husband soon. And he would fit the bill perfectly! If only if was not so annoying!

Vinay leaned against the chair and looked at her! He really needed to find a wife soon. And she would fit the bill perfectly, if only she was not so hot headed!

"Why do you want a wife?"/ "why do you need a husband?" They asked together and glared at each other!

"That is none of your business" they said together again and then glared again!

"Uff! You are so annoying" Nisha got up annoyed

"And you are so hot headed" Vinay got up and dumped the bills on the table. He was done with her!

"I don't want to see your face again"
They yelled at each other and turned to go. They saw the boys standing at a distance and looking at them and stopped. They looked at each other.

"20 minutes and you don't speak a word. You can do that, can you Moron?" Nisha glared at him!

"Only if you can keep your mouth shut my lady" Vinay drawled and sat back. It was going to be the longest 20 minutes of his life, he just knew it! He sat down and started drumming at the table to kill the time. The other guests gave him looks but he did not care! He never did!

Nisha sat down opposite to him and closed her eyes counting from one to one million praying for patience! Even his face was annoying! It was going to be the longest 20 minutes of her life, she just knew it!