2. they told me about you

Chapter Two 

they told me about you

3rd person pov 

she walked up to the group and they turned to her

"kota?" tara said and she stood up as she looked at the girl and dakota smiled at her

"hey" she spoke and they smiled at each other as they hugged and the others watched. 

"what are you doing here?" tara asked and dakota smiled at her as they pulled away and tara held her face with a smile

"my mom brought us thinking that getting away from woodsboro was the best for us" she stated 

"well we're here so i think it was the best for you. i missed you" tara exclaimed 

"i missed you too t" she said and then she looked at the others 

"hey kota" chad and mindy said as they got up and hugged her. anika and ethan watched not knowing who she was but if the others trusted her, they did too. 

"this is anika" mindy introduced 

"hey" dakota said to her and anika smiled at her 

"they told me about you" anika said and dakota smiled at her 

"i hope all good things" dakota stated 

"of course" anika said and dakota smiled at her before she looked at ethan who was already staring at her in a way that she wasn't comfortable with. 

"hey sit down" tara told the girl and she sat down with them as tara held her hand and they all looked at the pair of them. it was clear that they were in love but they didn't say anything. it was too soon for that even though they had gone through everything together. 

"so you and tara?" anika asked and Mindy shoved her shoulder as the two girls looked down at their hands and shook their heads. tara removed her hand from hers and dakota missed the feeling of it already. 

"oh no, we're just friends" dakota confirmed and even thought It stung tara, she didn't want to say it did so she just nodded her head and looked around. 

"so you were in woodsboro with them?" ethan asked her and she found the question strange. it was clear that she had been there, if the scar on her cheek wasn't enough, she was sure that the fact that she knew the group made that clear but maybe ethan was digging for something that he already knew. 

"yeah i was, grew up there, lived there my whole life so you know went through the whole thing but I'm sure that everyone knows that. the internet jokes don't make it easier" she exclaimed 

"internet jokes?" chad asked 

"its a little hard when your last name is pierce and someone stabbed you" she stated and even though they felt bad, it was funny in a dark humor, we all got stabbed and almost died sort of way. 

"its okay you can laugh, i do all the time. i mean come on, come up with a better joke if you're gonna use my last name as a punchline. dakota pierce? more like dakota got pierced! yeah like i haven't seen that one five hundred times already" she spoke 

"its still fucked up" anika said and she nodded 

"oh of course it is but the thing i learned is that it doesn't piss me off so i don't care. if they went through what we went through and someone made those jokes, they would be pissed off and tell someone that they were gonna ruin their life. it just rolls off my back at this point" she explained and tara smiled 

"you know what? you're right kota" mindy stated and she nodded. 

"thanks mindy" she spoke and they stared at each other with a smile. dakota and Mindy had been like sisters since they were little and they stood by the others side no matter what. if one of them was wrong, the other was too. if one of them did something bad, the other did too. it was who they were. 

"so there's a party tonight" chad stated and dakota groaned 

"i thought we swore off parties after the last one" she spoke and Mindy pointed at her in agreement. chad wanted to tell her that she was wrong but she was right and since the last party left her bloodied, on the floor, almost dying, she didn't want to risk it. 

"i know we did but i mean come on, one party and then we wont go to another one ever again. kota please, its one party" he said and she looked at tara who was giving her puppy eyes and she groaned. 

"fine but if i get stabbed, grabbed, threatened or hit, i am blaming you and you will pay for anything that happens to me" dakota stated and he fistpumped the air. 

"i love you so much dakota pierce, you truly are a national treasure" he said and she smacked his shoulder with a laugh and a shake of her head. she noticed that ethan hadn't said anything since he brought up what happened in woodsboro but she ignored it for the sake of leaving him out of her life. 

she knew that saying she would go to the party was a bad idea and she shouldn't go. jania would tell her shes crazy and needs to stay in her dorm but she hated just sitting around when her friends were having fun and she couldn't skip out on life anymore. 

she hated the idea of not living or being stuck in the past due to the shit that happened to her in woodsboro and if she could do something about it, she would. she was going to do something about it if it was the last thing she did. 

whats the worse that can happen? 

-ABBYS NOTES-

theyre so in love i can't even