Chapter 18

Luke's P.O.V.

"He did what?" I questioned, in disbelief. I leaned back in my chair, and flipped a page in my notebook.

"He puked on Lydia," answered Anna, who was laughing uncontrollably.

"Wait. Why was he even at your place?"

"I just needed to talk to him about some stuff and I thought he'd take it pretty well-", continued Anna, as a strong grip removed my cell phone from my ear, and slammed the top shut.

"There will be no usage of cellular phones in my classroom!" snapped Professor Stein, furrowing her eyebrows at me. I grinned slightly, but she still kept her scowl. She removed her hands from my desk, and walked to the front of the classroom, clearing her throat loudly.

"Attention, students. In just a moment, the head of sixth form shall be in here, and he has important news involving your A-Levels," announced Professor Stein, keeping an intense gaze on everyone. There was sharp knocking on the door, and Mr. MacDougal, our head of sixth form walked in, glaring at Tad, Isle, and I.

"Hello, children. In just a few months, you all hopefully will be gone. Out of here. Into the real world. Doing whatever your little hearts desire. But for now, you've got tests to take. Many, many tests," droned Mr. MacDougal, while stroking his thick mustache.

"Yes, yes, they will. But they need to hear the other news you were going to tell them," hissed Professor Stein, trying to keep her fake smile plastered on her face.

"Er, yes. Due to community concern and dropping A-Level scores over recent years, students are not allowed to study off-campus," declared Mr. MacDougal, amid groaning from the rest of the class.

"What? Do you students really believe that we think you're studying when you go to each other's houses and are up to God knows what?" questioned Professor Stein, who appeared to be in fake shock.

"No. I study off- campus, Professor Stein," fibbed Finn, running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've got to study anatomy somewhere," bragged Finn, causing everyone to erupt in laughter. Professor Stein rolled her eyes, and turned to Mr. MacDougal for reassurance.

Anna's P.O.V.

"So, you think I shouldn't go out with Luke?" I questioned, while lighting a cigarette. Remembering my manners, I reached the box to her, but she ignored it.

"That's what I just said. But I've got a question, Anna," said Elizabeth, running a hand over her wavy brown hair.

"I'm all ears."

"Why doesn't anyone else care?"

"About what?"

"About you. About how you go out at night. How you get into people's heads. How you're fifteen, but you have the wisdom of someone in their nineties," continued Elizabeth, staring at me with her piercing blue eyes.

"Isle. He's the only one who gives a fuck, all right?" I admitted, while Elizabeth put her arm around me.

"I know it must be tough on you, that he wants to go to Cambridge, and study. It has to be," said Elizabeth, as the wind began picking up a bit.

"One thing you should know about McClairs. We don't look back," I returned, as she arched an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, as soon as Isle passes his A-Levels, he's going to zoom past us. He's going to start packing up and saying his goodbyes, and that just leaves Lydia and I."

"He's probably going to come home and visit," said Elizabeth, her smile faltering a bit as I shook my head.

"He's a McClair. McClairs don't turn back," I explained, as Elizabeth blinked rapidly.

"Why not?"

"When you turn back to your past, you lose focus of your future. That's why."

Kade's P.O.V.

"Hey, mate," said Finn, as he sat down at my table, setting down his tray. Tad and Luke followed, both of them looking solemn.

"What's the matter with you two?" I asked, eating a chip.

"Fucking Mr. MacDougal said we can't leave campus to study for A-Levels," sighed Luke, who grabbed a small handful of chips from my container. Isle sat down next to me, putting his lunch next to mine.

"Wait. You were actually going to study for A-levels off-campus?" scoffed Finn, chuckling quietly.

"Er, no. I-I was t-totally going to g-get it on w-with A-Anna," stuttered Luke, while Isle narrowed his eyes at him.

"You fucker! She's my sister!" exclaimed Isle, his face contorting into rage.

"What? You've got to admit she's shaggable," interjected Finn, as he shoved a crisp in his mouth. Isle glared at him, and stood up. He grabbed Luke by the neck of his shirt, and began walking somewhere with him.

"Well, that escalated quickly. Am I right?" said Finn, breaking the awkward silence.

Isle's P.O.V.

Luke's eyes were filled with fear, as I finally made it to the guys' locker rooms. It was the only empty place I knew of, even though it smelled horrid.

"Look, Isle. I swear, I was fucking kidding, all right? I-I mean, Anna and I, we've never shagged. In fact, I-I'm still a virgin, you know?" rambled Luke, who cowered, and covered his face. I stood face to face with him, but I only came up to right under his nose.

"I don't care if you and Anna are doing it. It's just, time passes by way too fast, you know?" I admitted, walking away from him and leaning against the wall.

"Yeah, I understand," said Luke, coming towards me, and sitting back against the wall.

"I remember when we were younger, you know? Mum would make her wear those fucking dumb dresses, and to make Anna feel better, I'd wear the matching set in knickers," I returned, as Luke nodded along.

"You remember when we met, right?" questioned Luke, as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Er, yeah. I met you in Year 5, we had the same schedule," I answered, folding my hands.

"Damn, good times. Remember when you introduced me to Finn and Kade?"

"Yeah. Finn pantsed you in the hallway, and everyone saw your boner," I remembered, laughing at the memory.

"Whatever. Then we met Elizabeth."

"Remember when you had that obnoxious emo hair? How could you fucking see with your hair covering both of your eyes," I interrupted, laughing even harder. Luke's expression remained blank.

"Mate, I haven't changed my haircut since then," said Luke, running his hand over his hair again self-consciously.