Chapter Four

Four Years Later

"They are quite adorable, don't you think so Reg?" Asked Pandora.

The two best friends watched five year old Harry laugh with his four year old god daughter Luna as they played with some muggle toys called My Little Pony.

They are quite adorable.

Five years ago if someone had told Regulus that he would be raising the child of his unrequited love and a muggleborn girl that he has interacted only five times during the time he has know her, he would have laughed at their face and then sent them to St. Mungos claiming the person is mad.

Now? He couldn't help but love the precious boy.

"No! I play with Rainbow Dash!" Exclaimed Harry. "You Pinky Pie."

"But I want Rarity." Said Luna. "She's purple. Purple is pretty."

Harry shrugged, "Okay, you are Rarity."

"I'll never understand the logic behind the names of these muggle toys." Regulus said to his friend.

"I don't think you have any right to say that after being named Regulus." Pandora replied amused.

Regulus gave her an offended look, "Well it's not like I had any say when I was named. Everyone knows my parents hated me."

"Parents is a very flattering word for what those two were. Maybe we should call them something else." Pandora suggested. "Something like the devil duo."

"Dora, I am not a religious person, but isn't that offensive to the devil?" Asked Regulus.

"Oh right." Pandora agreed. "I am sure the Devil is probably nicer than those foul people."

"I wouldn't know, never met him." Regulus said with a shrug. "Where's Xylophone by the way? I haven't seen him since I came here."

"Stop calling him Xylophone Reg. It's Xenophilius and you know that." Pandora said, lightly punching him. "And he had some work with the Quibbler so he will come home late today."

Regulus grinned, "Not my fault you married an instrument Dora."

"You are ridiculous." Said Pandora, but she was smiling as she said it.

Times like these reminded Regulus of the time when they were still in Hogwarts. When they had been free from the burden of war, when they still had their friends with them.

Flashback
Eleven year old Regulus placed the crumpled letter in his pocket dejected. It had been a letter sent by his parents, and it had left Regulus feeling more disappointed than he should be feeling.

He did not know why he was so disappointed. What had he expected? That they would have been proud of him? He should have known better.

But he had done everything right. He got into Slytherin. He made friends with people of respectable pureblood families. He did not get detention on his day like Sirius did. He did exactly what his mother wanted him to do. So why was she not proud of him?

"You seem to be surrounded by wrackspurts." a soft voice told him. He turned around to found a blonde Ravenclaw girl standing looking like she was fascinated by something no one else could see. He remembered seeing the girl during the sorting, but he could not seem to remember her name.

"I am sorry, I don't know what that is." Regulus apologized politely.

The blonde looked slightly surprised that he had replied to her, then answered. "Oh, they are magical creatures. They are invisible and they float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy."

Regulus nodded but before he could say anything else, he was interrupted by his new friend Evan Rosier. They should not be strangers considering they both share a mutual cousin, but the Rosier family travelled far too much, and when they met up it was never with their children. But now they were roommates, so there was no way for them to be separated.

Not that their families wanted them to be. Rosier's wanted to maintain a good relation with the Black's and Black's liked Rosiers enough to let Regulus befriend one.

"Regulus, there you are. Barty was asking if you can explain what happened in transfiguration before he came." Evan said, then noticed the Ravenclaw girl with him. "Oh, I see you have met my sister."

Pandora Rosier, Regulus suddenly remembered.

"Yes, she was telling me about some magical creature called wrackspurts." Regulus replied.

Evan rolled his eyes at that, "Yeah, sorry about that. They don't exist. I don't know why she believes that they exist."

"But they do exist. Mother says so." Pandora argued, frowning slightly.

"Mother is not right about it though." replied Evan. He then looked at Regulus and said. "You don't have to listen to her you know."

Regulus looked at the two siblings, then shrugged. "I don't mind hearing her out. It sounds interesting."

Pandora smiled at him while Evan looked surprised for a second, before shrugging, "Suit yourself. And explain transfiguration to Barty please, he has been causing me a serious headache. I will see you two later. Don't murder someone."

And then he left for their dorm. 

"I can feel the wrackspurts leaving you now." Pandora told him. 

"Do you feel their existence?" asked Regulus curiously.

"Mother says I have sensitive magic." replied Pandora. "Because of it I can feel if there is something of magical origin nearby."

"That is very interesting." Regulus commented.

"Most people think the things I say are not real." Pandora told him. "There isn't any evidence found to prove me right, so they say it can't be real."

Regulus rolled his eyes, "At some point of time, most people did not believe that penguins existed purely because no one had the resources to travel to either of the poles. Didn't make them any less real. Discoveries are just like that. They are not real to people until someone finds one."

Pandora smiled when she heard his explanation. And that was the day the weird Ravenclaw girl became best friends with the scary Slytherin boy.
End of Flashback

Just then Harry and Luna came running to them.

"Mama, uncle Reggie, play with us please." Luna said, then grabbed her mother's hand and dragged her to sit with her on the floor, Harry doing the same with Regulus.

Pandora laughed lightly and Regulus chuckled, as they let the children drag them. Joining the children in their play.

He did not know what he did to deserve it, but Regulus thanked the stars for letting him have this moment.