the bricks of my defenses ♪

Third Person's POV

Taehyung won the match but he wasn't satisfied with the win.
Taehyung noticed how quickly Jungkook got off the ring and sprinted out through the crowd.
Taehyung quickly went down as well, he needed to talk to the other.
"Jackson, can you go and get my backpack? I'll be near the small corndog stall." Taehyung said and he also sprinted out through the crowd, not caring that he's literally shirtless.
When Taehyung steps out of the alleyway, he sees Jungkook putting on his hoodie, his small backpack resting on the small wooden bench placed in front of the corndog stall.
Taehyung sighed out in relief as he walked towards Jungkook, who's oblivious of the fact that the other is standing behind him.
"Jungkook" Taehyung called out for him and he noticed how the other visibly flinched.
"Oh-uh" Jungkook stuttered in shock as he saw the other standing right in front of him, his bare upper body in display.
"H-hi?"
"Why are you stuttering so much? Let's go and sit there." Taehyung guided both of them to the wooden bench.
"Halmeoni, make two corndogs for us please." Taehyung said to the old lady who was standing behind the curtains.
"Oh is that Taehyung-ie? Is Jackson also there? Wait for few minutes, I'll make them right away." The old lady replied, she sounded really excited.
"Uh no, Jackson isn't here with me right now." Taehyung replied as he turned to look at Jungkook, who was sitting and fiddling with his fingers.
Taehyung sighed inaudibly as he placed one of his hands over Jungkook's trembling ones. Jungkook turned towards Taehyung almost immediately, his wide eyes staring into the almond ones.
"Don't do that! Why are you so nervous? It's just me...." Taehyung spoke in a soft tone, trying to be careful with the other as he looked quite vulnerable.
Suddenly Jungkook burst into tears and Taehyung panicked hard.
Taehyung shifted a bit closer to Jungkook, enough to reach out for his face.
"Shh, you're okay, you're fine, tell hyung what's wrong?"
That didn't help, Jungkook broke into loud sobs as soon as Taehyung asked the question.
Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's face softly between his large hands and turned his face a bit, they're now facing each other.
Taehyung gently wiped off the tears flowing down Jungkook's cheeks with his thumb and caressed the small scar on Jungkook's cheeks.
"Now tell me, what's wrong? Is it because of me?" Taehyung asked again and Jungkook immediately shook his head, still crying silently, his face looks bright red even under the dim street light.
"I-I hurt you ag-again, yo-you got h-hurt be-cause of me ag-gain." Jungkook managed to say between his sobs and Taehyung looked at the other with an empathetic smile.
"Oh baby....." Taehyung doesn't even realise and the nickname slips out of his mouth, Jungkook too much in his head to catch it.
Taehyung shifts a bit closer so that he can hold the other. He wraps one arm around Jungkook's shoulder and pulled him into his embrace and Jungkook automatically leaning into the warm embrace, he feels safe, he feels at ease.
Taehyung notices Jackson jogging upto him with his backpack in his hand.
Taehyung signals him to keep it beside him and Jackson does as told.
"Halmeoni, I'll come back tomorrow. Good night." Jackson greeted the old lady before waving at Taehyung and walking away.
Jungkook's hands were wrapped around Taehyung's waist as he sniffled in his embrace and within few minutes Taehyung feels the other was breathing much softly now, must've fallen asleep.
Taehyung looked down to get a clear view of Jungkook's face, who dozed off in Taehyung's embrace, a small pout resting on his lips, his round button nose looks like a cherry and Taehyung can't help but smile at the sight, he's really precious.
The old lady comes out of the stall to hand over the corn dogs to Taehyung only to witness the other was holding a sleeping male in his arms.
"Do you want me to pack them, dear?" She asked softly and smiled at the duo.
"Yes please. Thank you and I'm really sorry for troubling you." Taehyung apologized, trying to keep his tone as light as possible, so that the male sleeping soundly in his embrace doesn't wake up.
With much difficulty Taehyung managed to put on his hoodie and sweatpants and then went back to hold the other in his arms.
"Here you go and take care of yourself and your boy as well." The old lady said before walking back into the stall.
Taehyung looked down at Jungkook again, the later looks ethereal under the dim light and Taehyung can feel the wall he built around his heart with those concrete bricks for years are crumbling down, slowly but definitely he can feel the wall falling apart. Taehyung doesn't want that, he doesn't want to be weak again but, but Jungkook has something in him which make Taehyung give in, Taehyung would do anything to see that bunny smile, and he should fear this feeling and he does fear it but a part of him doesn't want to back away, he wants to be selfish for once.
Taehyung swings both his and Jungkook's back pack on his shoulder and carries Jungkook in a bridal style.
Jungkook squirms a bit before fisting Taehyung's hoodie in his grasp and nuzzling into Taehyung's neck.
Taehyung decided to take Jungkook to his apartment for the night cuz the other's apartment was a bit far and Taehyung feels too tired to walk that distance, even his ribs were starting to hurt.
Taehyung somehow managed to unlock his apartment and walked in, only to see his grandma dozing off on the couch.
Taehyung hurriedly went towards the couch to place Jungkook on it.
The foreign movement woke Mrs. Kim up who stared at the sleeping figure beside her for a minute before turning her gaze at Taehyung, who went to lock the door.
"Uh, well...we got in another fight and this time he was there with me and I swear I didn't get hurt much except in my jaw and I'll explain everything to you tomorrow, I need to tuck in him, he's really tired." Taehyung explained quickly and his grandma just sighed.
"Why did you drag this poor baby in your fight? Look, he busted his lip and his chin is a bit bruised too, even there is blood in the corner of his nose....atleast could've kept him safe." Mrs. Kim got up to bring the first aid box.
When she poured the alcohol on the cotton pad, Taehyung went forward to stop her, not wanting her to wake the sleeping boy.
"He won't wake up, chill dude."
"Who the hell taught you that word?" Taehyung whisper yelled.
After about 20 minutes, Taehyung finally carried Jungkook upstairs to his room. He carefully tucked Jungkook in under the comforter, before leaving to take a quick bath.
When he returned he applied the balm over his ribs and went towards his bed to take the extra comforter and pillow.
Taehyung halted for a second and looked at Jungkook's sleeping figure. He caressed his cheek scar one last time before heading towards the small couch.
He quickly sent a text to Jaehyun so that the other doesn't worry.

Taehyung sighed out as he got up from the couch and made his way towards the sleeping figure

He removed the comforter, just enough to pull off his hoodie and he didn't remove the comforter furter and removed the blue sweatpants the other was wearing.
Taehyung pulled back the comforter immediately as soon as he heard the other whining a bit.
Taehyung neatly folded Jungkook's clothes and kept it on the bed and went back to the couch and within seconds he finds himself dozing off.