"Ding, ding, ding." Ophelia muttered.

"Oh, my God. They still let you be a doctor here?" Katie asked.

"Damn, Merry. How badly did you mess her up?" Ophelia joked.

"Shut up, LiLi." Meredith said, before walking away.

--------

Ophelia walked back into the ER, pulling on a trauma gown and going to meet Arizona at the doors.

"What do we got?" She asked, tying her gown.

"56 year old woman, emergency C." She explained, running forward as the ambulance came up.

The paramedics threw the doors open, "Mariana Lopez, 56. 38 weeks pregnant. Water broke. 2 centimeter dialated." He said.

"Okay, let's get her up to the maternity ward, Lopez, come with me." Arixona said as she and some other doctors started rolling the gurney inside.

But Ophelia didn't move. How could she, when the woman who put her in the camp was in the bed ahead of her?

"Lopez!" Arizona said, running back out to meet the Latina, "What's wrong?"

"I- I can't be on this case." She stammered out.

"What? Why?" Arizona azked, concerned.

"That's, um... that's my mom." Ophelia replied quietly, using her gloved hand to point at the door where the gurney her mom lay upon had just disappeared.

"Oh, shit." Arizona replied, chacing her stance and crossing her arms, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna be in the pit." Ophelia said, walking off, back into the ER.

She walked into the ER to see Meredith and Amelia arguing, and for Meredith to storm off.

"Great. Just great." The trauma surgeon muttered. Could her day get anymore chaotic?

"Um, Doctor Lopez?" A voice from behind her said. Ophelia sighed, before turning around.

"Yes?" She said to the intern.

"Your mom is asking for you." He said.

Ophelia groaned, throwing her head back. "Ugh, what room is she in?" She asked, giving in.

The intern gave her the room number, and Ophelia made her way to the room.

Once she got there, she pushed the door open, seeing her mom eating something, and her head looked uo when she heard the door open.

"Ophelia! So good to see you!" Mariana said, a smile on her face. Ophelia didn't respond, staying where she was at the door.

"How the hell are you pregnant, Mariana?" She asked. Mariana chuckled.

"Well, a woman knows how to get around." She replied, shrugging hee shoulders and smiling. Ophelia scoffed and rolled her eyes, pushing off the door frame and taking a step towards the bed. Mariana inhaled deeply as another contraction hit her, "So, how are you?"

"Considering the last time you saw me was when I had tried to kill myself, a lot better." Ophelia replied sarcastically.

"If I die, the baby's yours."

Ophelia turned to face her mother for the first time in years. "What? You can't just show up out of the blue, pregnant, and tell me that."

"She deserves stability, and I know that if I die, you can provide her that."