4- Vigilante Shit

Start from the beginning

To my greatest relief I finally feel a large package under my hands.

Found it.

I can't help but giggle imagining Verstappen when he'll realize he doesn't find his package.

A Machiavellian smile crosses my face as I take great care to put everything back in place before taking the package with me.

I jumped out of my rival's stand and headed for mine. I unlock the door of my driver's room before slipping the package into the drawer under my own bench.

I hurry out without forgetting to close the door behind me, of course.

I quickly cross the paddock to reach the meeting.

I enter the room as quietly as possible and sit in the back of the room on a free chair, catching the annoyed glances of Mclaren's mechanics.

I give them a big smile before crossing the hall of the gaze in search of Verstappen.

I finally see him in a corner, next to his father. He has his face bent over his phone and he doesn't pay any attention to what's around him.

***

A smile runs through my face as I remove my helmet and quickly put my hair back in place.

My engineer hugs me.

"Congratulations, Charles.

- Well done, that was a good job."

I detach myself from him and look at the crowd of fans before gesturing to their cheers.

Tomorrow I'll leave in pole position. I try to be happy about it, but I know the race is far from won.

Behind me the two Redbull's cares are staring at me.

Carlos will start ninth, so he won't be able to help me. I'm going to be alone in front of them and I might as well say that even though I'm the one starting front row, the one who's most excited about tomorrow's race is Verstappen.

***

Sunday

I'm putting on my race suit when I suddenly hear an angry voice screaming across the paddock.

I immediately understand what is happening as I look at the package neatly stowed away in my driver's room.

I quickly finish preparing myself so as not to miss the show that Verstappen is putting on for the others.

When I go out into the paddock, I spot him immediately.

The suit on his hips, both hands on his head, over his cap talking angrily to his father in Dutch.

He finally noticed my presence and his chilling gaze pierced me immediately. A shiver runs through my body under the shock of his hateful gaze.

I'm not scared, but I've never seen that look on his face. At least not for me.

He finishes talking to his father and quickly heads towards me without letting go of my eyes. I quickly notice his clenched fists and jaw.