"Is that so?"

He gave me a side eye, and I gave him one back. He looked a little silly, so I was holding in my laugh. "Yes! There is no changing it!" I explained. He was an arrogant, selfish, annoying little frog that used his looks to think of himself better than everyone.

"You know, you aren't helping your case at all!" I explained. He began to chuckle, and I hated that it made me feel soft. "Arthur, one thing about me that you will have to understand is that when it comes to you, I will never back down. Even in an argument! You started it, and I'm going to finish it."

What he said shut me up. I was a bit baffled, to say the least.

"Don't give me that look! I mean...don't get me wrong, I want to be friends with you. But that isn't exactly the end goal. I'm talking real personal...so personal; you'd come out of the closet!"

"What closet?"

What on earth was he talking about? If he is implying what I think he was, it is ridiculous! I'm not...

Well, I'm not entirely...

Well, it isn't very easy!

"Can you stop talking for five minutes? Honestly, these walks are supposed to be peaceful, and you are giving me a migraine," I spoke. I breathed out, annoyed, and all he could do was smirk and nod.

So, we walked in silence till we arrived at the park. On the way there, I would take small glimpses of him. He had his hair gently pulled back. I assumed it was so it wasn't in the way of his green scarf he had on.

He was an attractive man, and it didn't make me jealous. Only surprised. I mean it! He was one lucky idiot. It is insane! Then again, he could be classified as a mad scientist for doing this to himself. How odd.

Well, I'm dropping him on the side of the road Saturday, so I might as well humour his stupid attitude.

"Look! A coin!" I spoke. I had seen the coin as Orange tried sniffing it into his nose. "Alfred always says, "Find a penny, pick it up, and all day long, you'll have good luck!" He says it's what people said in America when he visited. I'm unsure if we have something like that here; I've never heard anyone say anything similar," I explained. Francis stopped beside me and watched me go closer to the coin.

I bent down to pick the coin up, crossing the spot with my finger. "Why do you do that?" Francis asked. I smiled at him, shrugging. I reached the coin out to him, and he stuck his hand out, taking it.

"Well, I suppose that's what I do! You cross the spot so there is no bad luck," I explained. We continued to walk, and he followed beside me. He had been staring at me, mesmerized, and it made me a little embarrassed. "So, you are giving me the coin? Shouldn't you keep it? For luck?" He asked. I suppose he was right, but I wouldn't admit that.

"You could use the luck," I teased. As he smiled at me, it seemed like sparkles were coming from him. He looked so happy. He smiled so brightly and wide that you would have thought you were looking into the sun with his bright smile.

That's when I noticed something. It caused my eyes to widen. I had never seen anything like this before. "Oh! Look behind you!" I spoke. We both stopped walking as I pointed out the clovers growing behind it. I immediately began to laugh.

"They started growing! When you got happy! Like a leprechaun!" I laughed. I pointed at him, laughing, but he didn't seem embarrassed. He only scratched the back of his head, not knowing what to say. "Well, now I really can't hide my emotions," he laughed.

"Oh my, I'd like to say, luck of the Irish, but you are French, so it's far from it," I laughed. Once again, he gave me this defeated look. He breathed out, face getting red. He was trying to move away from the clovers, but they would continue to grow behind him. It did not stop me from laughing at him.

Then, another strange phenomenon.

We were suddenly swarmed with ladybugs.

First, a few landed on me, but then, an infestation as we were soon covered head to toe with ladybugs. "Oh, how are you doing this?" I laughed.

"I don't mean to! I can't...control how I'm feeling!" He spoke. His face was getting red, and it made me laugh. "You! Your face looks the same shade! Oh dear!" I laughed. His eyes widened at me, and he grew embarrassed as I pointed out his apparent redness.

More came.

"You aren't scared?" He asked, a bit shocked. I wasn't. His weird ability didn't scare me. I just hated that he didn't respect my wishes. "No...I like ladybugs...they say they are good luck, you know!" I spoke. He looked at me, almost horrified, once more. His face reddened so much that he looked about to faint as I smiled at him, and more ladybugs came.

Where were they coming from?

"Whoa!"

"I'm sorry! SHOO SHOO!"