Miles Morales x Reader: Unknown Whereabouts

Start from the beginning

Your parents rushed into the room to see what all the commotion was about and you had to assure them it was nothing, just a bug. You were scolded for potentially waking up the entire apartment complex but they were glad nothing bad had happened and went back to bed.

--

For the next few months, you were Spiderwoman, fighting evil and saving the city. You were a hero to the citizens of New York. You had to keep it a secret from your parents, and that was before... You were on the other side of the city when you got a phone call from the hospital, telling you to come quick, something had happened to your parents. 

You quickly finished up the fight and swung as fast as you could to the hospital. Taking off your costume in the alleyway and shoving it into your backpack, you quickly rushed into the hospital. In the hospital, they told you what had happened, your parents were involved in a car accident. They were hit by a drunk driver and died immediately on impact, their heads slamming into the dashboard, leaving them with fatal head injuries. Emergency services were called too late and they ended up dying of blood loss. The driver also died, being drunk out of his mind.

You felt tears form in the corner of your eyes, rolling down your cheeks. You hated how everyone you loved was stripped away from you, sobbing as the doctor left, you sat down crying your eyes out. Sniffling, you left the hospital and the funeral was scheduled soon after. Your aunt invited you to live with her, she lived alone as her husband died a few years prior and they had no kids of their own. You decided that, from then on, you would save everyone you came across to make up for not being able to save the two people you would've sacrificed your life for.

--

A few months passed from then and you'd just finished a fight when, suddenly, a portal opened up next to you. Taken aback, you readied yourself if something dangerous were to step out from it. A woman who looked about your age stepped out, she was dressed in white and black with pink and blue markings on her suit and a white hood. She checked her watch tapping it and reading the holograms. 

        "Wha- Who are you?" You asked, taking a few steps back to assess the situation, she didn't seem like a threat.

        "Hey, don't freak out but I'm also Spiderwoman.." She said in a calm voice, trying to relax you. 

        "How's that possible?" You asked nervously.

        "I'm from a different universe, you see, there are many universes with more spider people, and they're all linked, a spiderverse if you will. And some of those spider people have formed a spider society, which is what I'm from. Our goal is the preserve the multiverse from any threats and returning displaced individuals to their original universes. I was sent to your dimension to recruit you...Interested?" She offered, reaching a hand out to you.

You were hesitant but decided to do so. You sent a text to your Aunt telling her that you would be gone, for a long time and to not look for you. You felt guilty, of course but something about a spider society was just so...alluring to you. After sending the text, you grabbed the girl's hand an d nodded.

She pulled you into the portal clasping something metal on your hand.

        "Don't freak out, it prevents your atoms from glitching out, y'know, cause you're in another universe entirely." She explained, but you barely heard any of it, eyes taking in the scene. Hundreds of spider people in a building which looked huge, you never felt such a strong sense of belonging.

Gwen smiled under her mask, this was exactly how she reacted when she first saw spider society aswell.

        "Oh and- I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Gwen Stacy, and you?" She introduced herself and your heart dropped. Gwen Stacy you hadn't heard that name in a long time.