chapter fourteen

I finally arrive at my room after the walk with Ichiji. This guy was just the worst! I let out a sigh as I plop down on my bed, bored. I had no paint or canvas, meaning that I could not do my hobby. Just then, I hear a slight knock on my door. I get up and walk towards the white door. I open it, and see the pink haired woman standing there.
"Good morning, princess Reiju." I greet her, happy that I learned her name from Marguerite the other day.
"I believe it is already the afternoon. You missed lunch out. I was wondering if you wanted to join me, I will be in the room at the other side of this corridor, will be doing embroidery with a few other maids. I see you are bored, and I wish to know you better, we could have a little chat. You do not need to come, only if you feel like it." She kindly says.
"Of course, I will be there. Thank you for the invitation." I thank her, and she smiles in return.
"Follow me, please." She motions for me to go after her, and I obey.

She opens the door, and we enter the light, peach-coloured room, four chairs in the middle, two maids sitting there. They greet us with a warm gesture, and go back to talking right after that. Reiju sits down, me next to her. She hands me the things I will need to use, and we get to work.

There was a moment of silence between us before she broke it.
"I apologise if my stupid brother said or did anything bad on the walk. He is a real asshole." She starts. Did she hate Ichiji too? It wasn't just me?
"Oh, no need for this. He did not do anything bad." I reassure her.
"Hm, alright then, good to hear." She replies, and pauses. "So, princess Y/N, tell me a bit about yourself. Hobbies, preferences, opinion on your soon-to-be-husband, or on anything else."
"Well, my hobby is painting, but I did not bring my equipment with me. Opinion on Ichiji... please do not take this the wrong way, but I can not stand him."
"Oh, I will not take it the wrong way. Nobody can stand him, I would be suprised if you did. My other brothers are all like him. Except Sanji. Thank Lord he is different."

--
Me and Marguerite arrive at the town, the way there being somewhat quiet. The town, on the other hand, was the opposite. It was lively, the sound of people filling the air. I told Marguerite what I was looking for, and she was suprised at first, but then smiled and agreed to help. She said she knew somebody who knew a lot about it and even sold it, and we were now looking for him.

The crowd was huge, I had to stay really close to Marguerite so I would not get lost. Suddenly, she stopped at the stand of an old man.
"Oh, my pleasure to meet you, prince Sanji, Marguerite!" He greets us, the corners of his lips rising. "How can I help?"
"Prince Sanji?" Marguerite looks at me, waiting for me to tell the old man. I explain to him what I was looking for and why, and he hand me a box, saying that he know exactly what I need.
"It is not for you, I presume." He speaks as he hands it to me.
"No, it is not. Thank you." I thank the man as I hand him the money. We say goodbye, and I head back to the castle with Marguerite.

After a bit, we reach the gardens. A relieved sigh leaves my mouth as I see that Y/N is not outside with that jerk Ichiji anymore. I make my way towards the door, but something catches my eye, making me go back to the garden. These will be perfect!

I enter the castle, and make my way up the stairs. But as I was walking upstairs, I see my brothers, Niji and Ichiji on the corridor, seemingly having a talk.
"Yeah, and she seemed suprised when I told her we bully Sanji! Like of course we do, look at him!" I hear the red haired one say.
"Wait, do you think she...?" The other asks.
"No idea. That would be impossible, considering it's that freak Sanji." I hear as their voices fade away, a sign that they walked in the other direction. They did not notice me then...

I quietly make my way trough the corridor, the words of my brothers in my mind. "Yeah, and she seemed suprised when I told her we bully Sanji! Like of course we do, look at him!"

They told Y/N? Shit... will she not think of me the same way? What if she won't like me like she did before? Wait... why do I care so much about what she thinks about me?

I notice that I got to my destination. I sigh before knocking on the door, hoping she was here. I look down at the objects in my hand as I wait for the door to fly open. I hear as it creaks, making me look up. As I did, I was greeted with a familiar face.
"Prince Sanji!" I hear Y/N exclaim, her arms around my neck, her face buried in the crook of my neck. I can feel my face heat up at her actions, as well as a knot in my stomach. I want to speak, but I find myself unable to do that.
"Oh, um, excuse me, I shouldn't ha-" she starts, but I cut her off.
"No, it is totally fine." I say. Silence follows, none of us knowing what to say. I clear my throat, and hold my hands out, bowing with my head low, staring at the floor with my cheeks still flushed.
"Please take these, lady Y/N!" I quickly say. She seemed suprised, eyes wide. Shit!! This is the end! I messed up! I-
"Thank you!! I really appreciate it!" She replies, taking the few flowers and the paint from my hand. I look up, and she embraces me in a hug again.
"Oh, uh, n-no need to thank me!" I stutter. Keep it together, Sanji!
"I actually did something too. Let me get it, just a moment." She says, rushing back to her room, and returning with a little something in her hand.
"I made this an hour ago, when your sister invited me to do embroidery with her. It is not much, but I thought it would be nice to give it to you." She smiles as she hands me what she made. "It is not much, but I thought it would be nice to give it to you." I look down at it, somewhat suprised by her actions. There goes that fluttering feeling again, my face getting warmer.

It was a cloth, a skull on it, wearing a chef's hat, a fork and knife in the background, almost like this was a jolly roger.
"Not much? This is truly amazing!" I reply, genuely happy that she did something for me. We go on to have a nice little chat, until Marguerite comes up to us, informing me and the princess it is time for dinner.

A/N: hi!! So i just wanted to say that this is how the embroidery thing looks like, its basically sanjis jolly roger minus the yellow background, each strawhat has one!!