chapter eleven

I sit on the floor of my room, the same thoughts going trough my head over and over again. It felt like I was getting too worried. Maybe this marriage thing is not going to be that bad, maybe it will be alright, you need to calm down, Y/N.

I hear a quiet, slow knock on my door. I don't say anything.
"Lady Y/N... I heard the news. Your mother sent me up to help you. May I enter?" Donna's voice hits my ears, her tone less lively than it usually is. I take a deep breath, and get up from the floor. I open the door, and the maid comes inside.
"I am terribly sorry. Would you like to accompany me on a walk to clear your head, princess?" She offers. I think about it for a moment, but realise that this might help me. I nod as a response, signaling that I will go with her.

On our way to the town, I let Donna know about my thoughts, the fear of becoming an experiment, abused, or something even worse. She was very understanding, and even made a promise that she will send a little box with a note in it every week to me.

We arrive in the town, the streets looking crowded as always, the noises still being as loud. I follow Donna, trying to stay as close as possible so that I won't get lost. As we stop at a stall, my ears pick up a nearby conversation between two women.
"Have you heard about it? Princess Y/N is getting married!"
"To whom, may I ask?"
"The oldest Vinsmoke son, prince Ichiji Vinsmoke! I bet she was beaming with joy when she found out! He is so dreamy!"

Beaming with joy? More like on the verge of tears...
"Do not even pay attention to them, lady Y/N." Donna says, likely noticing that I was listening to these women. "Looks like the news are spreading just like a wildfire. I am sorry..."

The rest of the walk stays quiet, with me lost in my thoughts.
"Do not overthink it, princess. Try to make the best of it." Donna interrupts, making me look up from the ground that I was staring at. Try to make the best of it.
"Thank you. I... I will try." I quietly reply.

We arrive back at the castle, the sight of my sisters being the first thing I see.
"Sister! We were right!" Cassandra hugs me tightly.
"What do you mean we? Just you." Daniela approaches.
"Same thing. Is it true that you are leaving tomorrow? Oh, I'll visit you so often! I am so happy for you!" She squeals. I just stand there, not replying.
"Cassandra, leave her alone! She does not want this, have you forgotten?" Daniela says, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Apologies. You know her..."
"It's alright..."
"Should we help you pack your things? I heard you are leaving tomorrow morning. Just inform us if you need anything." Dani weakly smiles.
"I decline, but thank you." I pull my sisters into a hug.

I close the door of my room behind me after I enter. I stop there, and look around the room. I did not have many things I wanted to take with me, but I knew that the ones I wanted to had to stay here.

I pull out a suitcase from under my bed, but I manage accidentally pull something out with it too. I stop and stare at it for a few moments before picking it up. It was the painting from a few days ago, looking the same ever since I made it. Sanji's eyes still looking at me with such warmth despite it only being a painting. He is going to be there too, right? Donna advised that I should try to make the best of the situation... I'll likely get to spend time with him. That's a good thing. And probably the only...

The next day came too fast. I woke up earlier than usual, not being able to sleep properly during the night, the stress making sleep impossible. I stand at my window, admiring as the sun slowly rises up, the orangeish hue of the dawn shining down on the land. "Lady Y/N" a maid comes in. "It is time for your departure." She said, head hanging low.

I take a deep breath before picking up my suitcase and heading down to the main hall to leave. I walk slowly, taking a look at the castle, fearing this might be the last time I see it. The corridors bring back sweet memories from the past. Despite walking with small steps, I still felt like I reached the main hall faster than usual, my mother, father, and sisters standing there, along with a few maids, including Donna.

I stop before them, shaking hands with everybody. But then I got to my sisters and Donna. I was reminded that I will need to leave them here, and might not see them again. Cassandra's words echoed in my head. Is it true that you are leaving tomorrow? Oh, I'll visit you so often! Does she know that mother will not allow it? A tear appears in my eyes. I can't hold it anymore. I break into tears as I tightly hug my sisters and Donna instead of a handshake, tears streaming down my face.
"I love you all..." I sob into their shoulders, knowing that this might be the last time.
"We love you too, sister." Daniela says.
"Stop this, you need to go now, or you will not arrive on time!" My mother speaks up, breaking the moment.

I slowly pull away, pick up the suitcase I previously dropped, and make my way to the carriage. I knew I would miss this place. My greenhouse, horse, the memories, my sisters... but I knew that even if I will not be here, these will all be in good hands, Donna will look after everything.

I sit in the carriage and watch as the castle gets out of my view, no going back now. Try to make the best of it...