chapter thirteen

I sat in front of my mirror, getting ready for whatever is going to happen today when I heard a knock. Please tell me it's Marguerite or Sanji, please tell me it's Marguerite or Sanji! I get up to open it, and I was met with Ichiji, standing there awkwardly.
"Hey. Father said I need to walk in the garden with you. Hurry up and come, I want to get trough it as soon as possible." He says. Wow, he was straightforward, did not even try to hide that he is only here because his father told him...
"Of course, just a second." I politely reply and close the door. I was dressed and ready outside, I had to get ready mentally. What if he is going to kill me there?! Will he try to be nice? Will it be awkward? Do I need to be the one who starts the conversation? Damn it, I worry too much! I take a deep breath as I walk out my room.

As soon as he sees me walk out, he starts walking with fast steps. I try to keep the pace with him, but it just feels impossible, since he was running at this point, faster than normal people could, laughing as he looks back sometimes and notices that I can not keep up. Of course I can't, fast steps in these shoes were a challenge, why could I run in them? Did he think he was funny? Or is he just a simple jerk? Hm, likely the latter.

We arrive in the garden, and he slows down, allowing me to finally walk normally.
"What was that for?!" I ask, a hint of anger lacing my tone as I try to catch my breath.
"It was funny. Come on, laugh, you know it was fun, too!" He answers, snickering. "Let's go, I want to end this walk as soon as possible!" He says as he starts walking, me next to him. I see he does not want to be here either...

There was silence between us. A long, awkward silence. When I had a talk with Sanji, it was always easy, he asked questions, greeted me, brought up different topics. But his brother? He did everything not to look in my direction, and was silent the whole time. If I am going to spend the rest of my morning with this guy, I should at least try to get to know him a bit better.
"So, tell me, prince Ichiji. Is there anything you like?" I quietly ask, trying to spark a small conversation.
"Nah, not many things. I like getting drunk, going on missions where my father sends us, maybe beating up or teasing Sanji too, I don't know." He tells me. W H A T.

Getting drunk?! Is he telling the truth right now?! He just straight up said that! But the thing that really made me think about this guy was the last thing. Beating up Sanji...
"Uh, may I ask what you mean under beating up or teasing Sanji? In just a little fun, brotherly way, or a life or death beating?" I look at Ichiji, anticipating his answer. Please, say that it's the brothe-
"Why would it be in a fun, what did you say? Brotherly, way?" He looks back at me, his face showing he was serious. "He's no good either way. He can't fight, he's just a weak freak who cooks for rats, that's all." He stares into the distance.

The rest of the walk was silent after this. I felt like this was enough to hear.

--
I knock on Y/N's door, likely for the fifth time this minute, still no answer. Is she still sleeping? If yes, I should go away and wait until she walks out, I do not want to wake her up, I-
"Prince Sanji?" I hear a voice from behind me.
"Oh, Marguerite, it is just you. Is princess Y/N awake yet? If not, please inform me when she wakes up." I smile at her.
"She is awake already, but is in the garden with prince Ichiji. Is there a message you would like me to give to her?" She asks warmly.
"Oh. No, nothing, thank you. Have a nice day!" I say, walking away.

What is Ichiji planning? Hm, probably nothing, just father told him to spend time with Y/N. He likely doesn't even like her, amd I am sure Y/N has no intention of being with my stupid brother either. Can't blame her, I would feel the same way...

As I walk trough the corridors, I look out one of the large windows. I wish I did not, because I saw as Ichiji was walking trough the garden with Y/N. He's not even looking at her! Their mouth is not moving either, are they just walking in silence? He should walk slower, can't he see that Y/N can barely keep up? Is this how he treats a lady?! That jerk...

I could see the sadness in Y/N's eyes, her usual smile being replaced with a straight face, she maybe even looked a bit gloomy. I have never seen her like this, at least not when we were talking and walking together. Did Ichiji say something bad? If he did, I swear I-

Just then, I felt like I was being watched from the corner of the corridor. I quickly turn around, but see nobody. Was I just too deep in thought?

I turn back, and see as Y/N squats down and picks up a few tiny, yellow flowers before running a few metres to catch up to Ichiji, who didn't even notice as she was lagging behind.

I sigh as I go back to my room, and take out a basket. When I step out, I see Marguerite again, cleaning a few metres away.
"Are you going somewhere, prince Sanji?" She questions.
"Oh, I was on my way to the town to buy something." I reply.
"I see, do you have an idea what this something might be? If not, I could help you out if you wish!"
"I wa..." I start, but realise that I have no idea about the thing I wanted to get. "I do have something in mind, but do not know anything about it." I correct myself.
"You do need my help, then. Come on!" She motions with her hand for me to follow her, heading to the town.