chapter one

"Oh my, have you heard the news? Father and mother are holding a ball the next week! I can't wait!"
"I heard that the Vinsmoke family has been invited!" my sisters screech after overhearing a conversation between a few maids.

"Why are they so special?" I slowly approach them. I can't say that i hated these events, but i wasn't their biggest fan either. Who were these Vinsmoke guests? I heard that they are from a nearby kingdom, but i didn't see why my sisters were so excited about them.
"Are you really asking that, sister?" Cassandra turns around to face me, a huge smile still on her face. "Haven't you seen them?"
"I'm sure we can say that they are the most handsome men on the planet!" Daniela giggles.

"Well, i indeed have not seen them" i reply.
"Really?! I heard that mother wants you to marry the oldest son of their family!" Cassandra says, her expression proving that she was telling the truth.
"What? Impossible!"
"Well, it's not confirmed, but she was thinking about it. She might change her mind." Daniela cuts in.
"I don't know about you, but i would gladly accept that guy if you don't want him, sister" Cassandra smirks and lets out a giggle. "I think his name was Ichiji, he's the one with the red hair. He's the one I am the most interested in."

"It's the blue haired one for me! He's so handsome!" Daniela smiles.
"How many Vinsmoke siblings are there?" I ask, getting slowly confused.
"Well, there are five siblings in total, one of them is a girl, and the others are boys. I heard they all have genetic modifications, except one of the siblings! He's said to be a loser and is rather a cook than a prince, ew." She tells me.

"Rather a cook than a prince?" I repeat her words.
"Yes, that's right. The Vinsmokes are known for their power and strength in fighting, but i heard that the modifications did not work on him resulting in him not being even nearly as strong as the others. They don't even consider him a real Vinsmoke. More like a freak." She explains, the last sentence being a slight whisper.

"Yeah, i hope that if i ever get married it won't be him. I would rather kiss a frog than that guy!" Cassandra laughs, my other sister does the same.

"What's the matter, daugthers?" Our mother appears in the hallway.
"Nothing, mother. Forgive us please" my sisters quietly say as we slightly bow to our mother.
"I wished to announce the news over dinner tonight, but by looking at you I can assume you have already heard about the ball" she calmly says.
"Yes, mother" we say at once.
"I will need you to behave in the next few days, we have major guests. They will arrive a day before the event, and will live with us for a bit until the morning after the ball. Like I said, behave yourselves. No running around, no loud noises, and nothing that would make us seem like we are on a farm. Understood?" Mother looks down on us with her usual, cold gaze.
"Understood" we nod as she goes away.

We wait until she is out of sight, and we let out a sigh that we were holding in during the whole conversation.
"It is true then! You will get to marry Ichiji Vinsmoke! Oh, how I wish to be the eldest in situations like these!" Cassandra grabs my hand with a big smile on her face.
"Just because we have special guests does not mean it will be the Vinsmoke family! And even if it is them, it doesn't neccesarily have to be because I will marry somebody from that family!" I reply. I had no intention of getting married to somebody I did not know.