Chapter 8: First Date

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like a plan." Cooper stated, he was calm on the outside, but on the inside, he was giddy on going on a date with Brooke and when they got there, Abby decided to help her son with a new hairstyle for his date.

The next day at Abby's apartment, it was noon and she was on the phone with Cathy and minutes later, Cathy arrived at the apartment as Cooper was in the shower getting ready for his date with Brooke.

"I have had it with you, Cathy." Abby firmly told Cathy. "If you do not want to be a part of the team, don't be a part of the team."

"That is ridiculous, because stuff happens." Cathy explained.

"You drove all the way here and i am pulling that duet." Abby informed as Cathy was glaring. "End of story."

"Well, you're goiing to hurt Mackenzie then." Cathy retorted.

"I'm not hurting Mackenzie, you are." Abby snorted. "I was there, i had the music, costumes, i was prepared. You didn't show up."

"But you're making the ultimate decision and it's a big mistake."

"I have to set an example for the rest of the team, if it means that i have to pull a dance because their mother didn't show up, so be it!"

Cathy then exited the apartment and a few seconds later, Cooper came from his room after taking a shower and his long hairstyle was turned into cornrows, he still had his long hair, but they were turned into cornrows that he could take down anytime if he wanted. He was also decked out in red, white and blue cargo shorts, tropical t-shirt and sandals.

(Cooper's hairstyle starting with this part of the chapter, but it could change or do you want Cooper to keep the cornrows?):

"How do i look, mom?" Cooper asked.

"You look great." Abby replied. "What do you think of your new cornrows?"

"I like it." Cooper remarked.

"Glad to know."

"Mom, i couldn't help but overhear your talk with Cathy while i was getting prepared in my room. Her ice is getting extremely thin." Cooper said. "She claims you're hurting Mackenzie by pulling the duet, but she hurt Mackenzie as she didn't show up and you had no choice."

"It sure is and you're right." Abby agreed. "Are you ready to roll? Gianna and Brooke are already there."

"Let's roll."

"Coop, i'll tell you a secret, after this competition, we'll be going from here to Las Vegas, Nevada for Thunderstruck, Los Angeles, California for iHollywood and then to Lake Tahoe." Abby informed Cooper as they exited the apartment.

"That sounds great!" Cooper exclaimed.

"Glad you like it."

Abby and Cooper then took the elevator down to the parking lot.