Chapter 8: First Date

It was June 27th and everybody was in the studio with the exception of Cathy and Vivi, which did not sit well with Abby, Cooper and Crew and when Pyramid was done, they moved on to talk about the upcoming competition.

"Let's talk about the group dance for this week, it's called Snapshot and i know you and even Cameron have all modeled, you all know what a runway is and do you know what is important to a fashion show?"

"That would be a photographer." Cooper answered.

"Ding Ding Ding! He got it!" Abby exclaimed. "I've had a ton to think about ofer the past 24 hours and i think we need a boy to be the photographer and no, it's not Cooper as he is no longer dancing competitively. But i have a surprise for all of you, a big time surprise."

Brooke had an awkward expression on her face as she had a gut feeling on who would be in the group.

"Here's the photographer!" Abby revealed the photo and as it turned out, it was a photo of Brandon.

"It's Brandon!" Melissa exclaimed.

"It's so weird." Paige said.

"Oh, no." Brooke muttered to herself, she knew that Brandon had a crush on her, but she only had eyes for Cooper.

"Is he here?" Christi asked.

"Brandon?" Abby called and walking in was BRandon and behind him was his mother Diane as the moms and girls cheered except for Brooke as Cooper looked on.

"Brooke, i can't blame you for being awkard." Cooper thought as Brandon and Diane hugged the girls and moms, Brandon then went over and shook hands with Cooper as Diane hugged the 13 year old son of Abby next as Cooper felt a little jealousy inside seeing Brandon standing next to Brooke, but he pushed it away.

"Brooke, Brandon, you two dueted for some time until i saw that you were a better duet partner for Cooper." Abby stated as everybody laugh. "That means you'll be doing some aprtner work. Brandon, i know you aren't used to the pace we're on, you have 4 days to prepare as it's about the dancing. 5 minutes to warm up and then we began the dancing. Brooke, make sure to look like that you like Brandon for the group."

The rehearsals began and the moms were talking and as the group was being rehearsed, Abby could tell that her son was looking a little jealous over seeing Brooke and Brandon in the group dance, so she had an idea and later, Brandon approached Abby.

"Miss Abby?" Brandon said to the dance teacher. "I noticed that Cooper was looking a little jealous when you placed Brooke next to me and when we were working on our parts in the group dance. I'm not coming in between them as i know they like each other as they've known each other since they were really little."

"I can tell as well." Abby stated before she called Brooke. "Brooke, can you come here?"

"What's going on?" Brooke inquired.

"Brooke, how would you like to go on a date with my son tomorrow?" Abby offered.

Brooke was half excited and half nervous, on the outside, she was and on the inside, she was really ecstatic on going on a date with Abby's son.

"I like the idea, let's do it." Brooke responded.

"Good."

"I know you two will really enjoy yourselves." Brandon commented.

Later on that night, as Abby was driving back to her apartment, she looked over at Cooper.

"Coop?" Abby asked.

"Yes, mom?" Cooper approached.

"I saw that you were looking jealous seeing Brandon with Brooke, but you know Brooke likes you as you two have close since you were really little, this is only for the group and even Brandon knows Brooke likes you even though they used to do dueting at times." Abby assured her son. "That's why i'm going to set you and Brooke up on a date. There's a carnival happening starting tomorrow and it'll be at The Brickyard on Narragansett in the Party City and Marshalls parking lot, so myself and Gianna will take you two there."