Chapter 3: 2 Heads are better than 1, but what about 3?

Start from the beginning

"ASH!" The two girls shouted while running over.

It was too late as they heard the distant crash of him hitting the ground. Looking down, they saw that he had landed back first on a boulder, causing it to break into pieces, Pikachu just next to him. Monica put her hand to her mouth, looking worried... then shocked as they heard their painful groans echo before they got up, barely scratched.

"How?" Monica says in disbelief.

"Well done, Mr. Pokemon Master." He says while rubbing his head... then noticed his hat was missing. "Oh perfect."

"Ash!" He heard Modeus as he and his Pokemon looked up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. No biggie."

"NO BIGGIE!" Monica says. "That was a twenty-foot drop! You should be dead!"

"Well, I survived, nothing to worry about." Ash laughed.

"Y-you're la-He's laughing. He should be dead and he's laughing right now. Oh my god..." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Alright, look, we're gonna get down there. Just sit tight." She called down.

"Don't worry!" Ash says while standing up, dusting off his outfit while his buddy jumped onto his shoulder. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Swear, this kid isn't normal." She sighed before she started walking.

"We'll be down soon, my love! Don't get hurt!" Modeus says before she followed.

"Highly doubt we need to worry about that."

With the two gone Ash looked at Pikachu and they both shared a sigh before he stepped out of the rubble.

"Man, I don't blame, Monica. I'd be worried sick if she fell and landed like this too." He says.

Taking a look around he appeared to be in some kind of canyon... or maybe it was a dried-up ravine. Moving a boulder to the side, he was then greeted by a small stream of a lava pond. He didn't think much of it and began going around it. He flinched a bit as it sputtered before he was fully on the other side.

Then he took a few steps back before turning. He looked at Pikachu, both sharing a tense look on their faces before they sighed and were ready to continue. Before they did, they heard a splash as lava went flying past him, nearly hitting them.

They slowly turned around and they made eye contact with their newest opponent.

The Cyndaquil that crawled out of the lava looked less frightening than the previous Pokemon, though considering lava was leaking from its mouth, it wasn't gonna be any less deadly

"And I thought there couldn't be anything more dangerous than Pokemon in my world." Ash says before sighing. "Pikachu?" The Pokemon nodded before jumping down, ready to fight. "Looks like this is another one we'll need to keep our distance again. Use Agility."