I decided to erase the nightmare from my mind and just focused on everything else. I smiled slightly and went to Mr. Martinez who proudly gave me my paper.

"Congratulations, Melody!" he said, smiling.

"Thank you!" I said, and went to my seat.

"Congrats, Mel!" Max shouted, flashing me a smile.

"Thanks, I studied really hard for this," I said.

"Now, since you don't have anything else to do for the remainder of the class time, I'll let you talk quietly amongst yourselves for a few minutes. You may switch seats but you have to do it quickly and only once," Mr. Martinez said.

Everyone moved and I saw that a girl with blonde, straight hair and piercing green eyes sat behind Max.

Veronica!

"Hello, Melody!" she said, pretending to be nice.

"Hi, Veronica. Why are you sitting here?" I asked, politely.

"Oh, I just wanted to know if I could talk to you after class?" she asked, flashing me a devious smile.

"Oh? What for?" I asked, innocently.

"Oh, nothing much," she said.

"Well, I don't know. I mean I had plans before you," I said, meaning Max had already asked me to talk to him.

"Veronica, will you stop bugging Mel?" Max asked, protecting me.

I smiled at him and looked at Veronica.

"I'm not bugging her. I would never do such a thing, Max," she said, gasping.

He ignored her and turned to me.

"Mel are you feeling okay? What was that flashback all about? Did it have anything to do with your nightmare this morning?" he asked, worried.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm fine, really," I said, not daring to meet his gaze.

"So, is your little sister's birthday party still on?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Of course it is. She's so excited. She's been really looking forward to it and so have I," he said, flashing me a smile.

My cheeks flustered and I was surprised that he still had his charm. He chuckled softly and I turned around to see that Veronica had heard everything.

She looked at Max and said, "Max, your sister is having a birthday party and you didn't invite me?!"

"Well, I was going to invite you before, but now I know that wouldn't be a good idea. I've noticed that you're a big bully who likes to turn people against each other," he said, looking at her with an angry look on her face.

"Come on, why on earth would I do that? I'm really nice once you get to know me better. We should go out to eat some time."

She quickly looked for a piece of paper and wrote something down.

"Here's my number. We'll keep in touch," she said, giving him a flirtious wink.

He grabbed the number from her and rolled his eyes.  Once she was gone, he ripped the up paper and threw it away.

"Some people just can't take a hint. Can't she see that I already have the most beautiful girl in the world sitting next to me?"

I giggled softly.

He smiled at me. I looked at him and got lost in his beautiful brown eyes. Everything seemed to stop whenever I met his gaze. It sent shivers down my spine. He had no idea just how he made me feel.