11. Unexpected Guests

All Your Exes - Julia Michaels

Hayden's POV:

AFTER MY LITTLE chat with Everly yesterday, seeing as we had lost track of time, I arrived home late, tired and horny as hell. So, I took a much needed cold shower and fell asleep almost immediately after.

Waking up on Saturdays was a whole feeling, because I didn't have to wake up at the ungodly hour of six all in the name of going to school. So I usually slept in, even though Dylan was an early bird and was loud as hell in the mornings.

I woke up a little past 9am, immediately jumping into the shower. I got dressed in a simple white tee and a pair of sweatpants. After making my bed, I picked up my phone and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

Placing my phone on the kitchen counter, I decided to make something to eat. As I got the ingredients for pancake batter out, the doorbell rang.

Furrowing my brows in confusion, I stopped what I was doing. Dylan wasn't home because he always went over to Beth's on Saturdays so I couldn't be for him. Still confused as to who could be at the door this morning, I pulled the door open. And was immediately baffled. At first.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, unable to keep the anger out of my voice.

"Babe," She drawled. "Why the sour mood? Haven't you missed me?"

Not waiting for me to reply, she brushed passed me and into my house, while I tried my best not to do something stupid.

I went after her, pulling her back when she almost went past the living room.

"Listen to me, Arielle," I growled out, holding her by her arms. "I'm not in the mood for your mind games. What the fuck do you want from me?"

With a sickly sweet smile on her face, she released herself from my grip. Walking over to a gray love seat on the other side of the room, she plopped herself on it before crossing her legs.

"Babe," She drawled. "Let's not be hostile, okay?"

"Yeah," I scoffed. "We're not doing..." I waved my hand between us. "this."

She tilted her head a little, feigning confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Running my hand through my hair, I blew out a frustrated breath. "You need to leave."

"But, Honey," A sly grin spread across her face. "I haven't even gotten to the good part."

Already losing my mind despite it being just a little after 10am, I paced into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of beer from the fridge. Taking a large gulp of it, I walked back to the living room, finding a very amused Arielle.

"I see you haven't gotten rid of that habit."

Shooting her a glare, I dropped down on the couch opposite her, resting my elbows on my knees. "I know you, Arielle, and I know you wouldn't show up here for the first time in, what, two years? without wanting something. So I'll ask you again. What the fuck do you want?"

Dropping the façade, she twirled a strand of hair around her finger before speaking. "Okay, you got me." She rose her hands in mock surrender. "I need your help."

Letting out a scoff, I leaned back in my seat. "What makes you think that I would —even for a second —consider helping you?"

Ignoring the obvious distaste in my voice, she replied, "You know her."

My brows furrowed the slightest bit, suddenly uneasy by the look on her face. "What do you mean by that?"

Just then, the doorbell rang. Running a hand through my hair, I released yet another frustrated breath. "Stay here." I directed a pointed look at her.

Stalking over to the door, I pulled it open. Dylan, Beth and Ev were on the other side, each with a smile on his face. Placing a smile on my face, I tried to act as casually as I could. "Guys, what're you doing here?" Then I shot a pointed look at Dylan. "You forgot your key, didn't you?" The sheepish smile on his face was enough answer.

Turning over to Ev, I tried to catch her eye but she was looking behind me, like she had just seen a ghost.

Turning around, I found Arielle leaning on the wall behind me with a derisive smile on her face. "Bingo."