Happy Birthday Ita-kun~!

(Itachi's pov)

Today was my 14th birthday. Tonight a party was being held at our family house in order for people to represent their daughters to my father and the other council members.

I didn't even want to think about it. I asked my mother if it was okay if I could just stroll around today and she allowed it. My father somehow got the Hokage to relieve me of my duties today so I had nothing to do.

'Shisui and Himeko are on a mission....' I thought bored and with a slight sigh. Sauske was at school right now.

"Ah Itachi-san~!" A squeal came. I internally groaned and turned to see one of the girl's from the compound. She ran up to me and stood at arms length while playing with her hair, trying to be cute.

"H-happy birthday!" She stuttered with a slight blush. I put on a fake closed eye smile to make her feel a bit less nervous. "Thanks." I said. She blushed harder while averting her gaze and rolling on the balls of her feet.

"I-I was wondering if you were busy..." she stuttered.

I gulped as I kept on a calm expression but inside I was panicking. "Well-"

"Itachi what're you doing out here?" I turned around to see Himeko who had her hands in her jacket pocket. She came and stopped by my side. " You were supposed to meet me at Ichirakus, idiot." she scowled slightly.

I mentally thanked her.

"Ah, sorry I was headed over there right now." I said playing along. She then looked at the girl who was glaring at Himeko.

"Oh sorry was I interrupting something?" she questioned innocently. "No," the girl hissed through gritted teeth. Himeko smirked. "Oh good, c'mon Ita we got lots to do." she said nodding to me. I nodded back and said good bye to the girl before walking away.

When we were far enough I let out a breath of relief. "Thanks for that." I said.

She gave me a toothy smile while putting her hands behind her head. "It's my job." she said. "I thought you were on a mission?" I asked confused. She rolled her eyes and playfully bumped her hip with mine.

"You didn't think I'd actually miss your birthday did you? What kind of best friend do you take me for?" She asked in a fake hurt voice. I smiled at her and said 'thanks'.

We both agreed on leaving the village and heading to a nearby Dango stand. When we got there we sat on the outside porch. It was completely empty.