I. I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS

⭑[ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ꜱɪɢɴ ᴜᴘ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜɪꜱ ]⭑

Feray had had her fair share of experience when it came to chaos in the past eighteen years of her being alive, especially when her best friends were the one and only Peter Parker, Shuri Udaku and Kate Bishop.

Yet here she was, seated on one the spinning chairs in Shuri's invention lab, or as Peter had nicknamed, the Cave of Awesomeness (which she had to admit was pretty awesome with all the cool gadgets displayed on one side of the cave).

She quietly watched Shuri and Peter talk all science with one another while she spun around in her chair in boredom. The two just kept going on and on about things that made no sense to her, but what caught her attention was the word "Multiverse".

The two had been intent for months to figure out a way to prove that the Multiverse was real and make a device that would allow them to explore the Multiverse for themselves. They had overheard Dr Strange mention something about it a week ago which only fuelled their eagerness to finish their invention.

With a sigh, Feray leaned back in her chair and plopped her feet on the empty desk beside her. She didn't even know why she was even here in the first place.

So the two don't blow up the entire place or die from dehydration or starvation, her mind supplied, since Peter and Shuri often tended to forget to eat or drink the whole day when they were too focused on studying or creating something which really worried both Feray and Kate who scolded them everytime.

Feray pulled her phone out of her jacket pocket when it dinged, a message notification appearing on her screen from Kate. She opened it to read the text.

How are things going in the Cave? Made any progress? Kate had texted.

Honestly have no clue. Feray replied. But we're still alive ... for now, so that's a plus.

I'm going to grab us takeout for dinner before coming over to see ya guys. Want me to buy your fav shawarma? Kate offered.

Uh, YES. Feray's stomach literally grumbled at the thought of food. You're my fav, you know that.

I know :) Kate replied. See ya guys in an hour.

"Hey guys, Kate's coming in an hour with food," Feray announced to Peter and Shuri who both hummed okay without glancing up from their work.

Feray slid her phone back into her pocket before jumping to her feet, heading over to the two to look at how they were doing. She peeked over Peter's shoulder to see the watch device looking pretty cool and coming together very well.

"There's just one more thing we need to do and then we're done!" Shuri said excitedly which made Feray smile.

Shuri typed in some more codes in the device for another minute or two while Peter and Feray watched her concentrate with her eyebrows crunched in seriousness before she finally broke out into a grin.

She pulled all the wires that were attached to the watch before displaying it to the two excitedly. "Voila! It's done!"

"That's awesome!" Feray commented genuinely while Shuri and Peter shared a fist bump.

"And ...." Shuri went over to another table before revealing two more copies of the same device. "I made more for all of us! Here, put it on you two."

Feray was handed a watch with the blue strap, Peter got one with the red strap while Shuri had one with the Black strap, their signature colours. There was a spare with a purple strap too, which most definitely was for Kate.

The three clasped the devices around their wrist, with Feray marvelling it as she moved her left wrist around. "This feels so cool. I kinda wanna play around with the buttons. It's so Ben 10-ish style."

"That's what I said when we drew the design!" Peter agreed.

"So, in order for the device to activate, you press this button, choose a universe and click this button," Shuri explained, demonstrating it on her device. "It'll pop up with a confirmation notification and that's all!"

While Peter nodded eagerly, Feray still had her doubts. She knew if there was anyone capable of pulling it off, it would be Shuri. But the Multiverse was a huge deal. There was always bound to be consequences with messing with something this insane. She kept her mouth shut though, not wanting to ruin the positive atmosphere.

"Kate's coming soon, yeah? We can finally test it out when she's here!" Peter said while Shuri agreed.

Feray watched with a sigh as Shuri and Peter began to talk all sciency with one another again. She glanced back at her watch, noticing the little display screen on the device starting to blink red. And whenever any device began to blink red, it was never a good sign.

"Uh, guys ..." Feray called out, but they paid her no attention. How rude. "GUYS!"

Peter and Shuri both snapped their attention towards their slightly panicked friend. "Why is my watch blinking red?!"

Shuri's eyes widened, looking down at her own watch to see that it was also doing the same, and so did Peter's. "That is not supposed to happen ..."

"What do you mean that is not supposed to happen?!" Feray was actually panicking now. "Do we take it off?!"

"Wait-"

Before the three could do anything, their watches chorused a beep sound and the three glitched. Literally glitched. And the next thing they knew was gravity taking hold of them as they launched downward into a bright light.

The three tried to open their eyes and see their surroundings but they couldn't. All they could hear were their hearts beating rapidly and the blood pulsing through their bodies. They couldn't even feel each other's presence.

There was just darkness. They were no longer aware of whatever was happening around them, or the fact that the most insane adventure of their lives was just about to begin.