"So you were here..." He whispered so quietly that Cyno nearly missed it, but luckily, he was well trained in collecting information this way, so he was able to pick it up.

Suddenly, the suspicious man stood up, turning towards the staircase to go back down. Cyno made sure to stay out of sight as he passed, not wanting to give his position away at such a crucial moment. Luckily, the man with the hat didn't seem to have realized he'd been watching and continued on his way.

Once he was far enough down the steps, Cyno quickly turned to follow. Even though he'd wanted to investigate those files some more, this seemed much more pressing, especially considering the records were probably going to prove to be fruitless anyway.

He had no idea who this guy was, but it was clear from both his expressions and actions that he was determined to find you. Cyno wasn't sure whether he was associated with the fatui or now, but either way, if he proved to be a threat to your wellbeing, then this needed to be a top priority.

Plus, if this man was at all associated with the fatui that had attacked you the day before, then he could potentially answer some more questions about your power and why they were after you, once Cyno apprehended him, that was.

So the general followed him carefully through the streets of Sumeru, making sure not to be seen as he did so. The man seemed to know where he was going, quickly making his was further through the city.

At one point, he turned to the side, and Cyno could see a glint of light shine in his eyes for just a second before it disappeared again.

Was he using elemental sight to try and track you down? It was a possibility he hadn't considered before, since most fatui only beard delusions, rather than visions. Given your power, he didn't doubt that the elemental traces you left behind were strong, and it wouldn't be hard to find you because of them, especially after you'd just used your vision.

Finally, the man came to the tavern the three of you had visited the day before, quickly going inside as he glanced around to make sure he wasn't being followed. Growling, Cyno went in after him, knowing that, if he was going to ask the staff for any information on you, he would be leaving very disappointed.

They were very tight lipped when it came to their customers, which was why he'd chosen that place in particular. However, there were a few regular customers that came by every day, and he wasn't so sure they had the same will.

Cyno just hoped for their own sakes that they would keep their mouths shut.

..........

"I feel like my eyes are melting." You groaned, setting aside another unhelpful file to be put back in place later. Nilou sighed, leaning back in her chair as she stretched out her arms.

"It is pretty tiring work, isn't it?" She agreed with a yawn. It was just approaching afternoon now, and the two of you had been working almost nonstop since early in the morning. Nothing had come of it yet, though. "Maybe we should take a break." She suggested finally, looking at how you were draped over the table, trying to hype yourself up enough to go on.

"Maybe..." You replied, your voice muffled from how your face was pressed into the table. Even though you wanted to keep going and find out the truth about your vision as fast as possible, you also felt like your brain would completely fry if you looked at one more page right now.

"How about we go have some lunch?" Nilou suggested, patting your shoulder reassuringly, "After all, these records will be here when we get back."

"I guess so." You sighed, standing up from your chair now as you stretched your back. A couple of your joints made a loud popping sound, and Nilou chuckled as she motioned for you to follow her outside.