Chapter 1: The Sneak Out

Benedict looked through the window of his father's mansion, the other side of the glass it exhibits the aftermath of Monty's rebellion. The sky that was once putrid green became more blue, the smog less apparent, and far into the distance, a small treehouse was built on the outskirts of London. Benedict turned around and glanced at his father on his favorite rocking chair. Ever since Monty used that weird jack in the box looking contraption, their father hadn't been the same ever since. Benedict hid himself while his own father got zapped by his eldest son, the shadows that covered his body retracted and escaped through his orifices, his long beard faded away leaving a small goatee on his chin, and his screams echoed that haunted Benedict's mind had faded to a whimper. Sadness drooped Benedict's eyes as he quietly walked towards his father, pitying the man he once feared and respected, turned into a senile middle aged man who barely remembered anything, let alone his own kids.

"Oh pappy..." Benedict gently whispered with his hands on his heart. He could see closely now that his father is quietly sleeping on his chair. He can also notice he was slightly shivering, Benedict quietly walked to the closet to get a blanket and draped over his father.

"I missed the old version of you, though that version terrified me, but I hope that you'll be kinder, happier, and notice me, love me just as much as Monty, and be there for us as an actual dad in this new state." Benedict thought to himself as he looked at his sleeping father. He walked towards the door and closed it without making a sound. As he walked to the hallway he heard a voice calling his name.

"Ben! Ben! Look what I have!" A familiar voice called his name with enthusiasm.

"Monty be quiet! Pappy is sleeping!" Benedict shushes him with a nervous face.

"Alright, alright, but check this out." Monty showed Benedict two strange rectangular pieces of paper.

"What are these?" Benedict questioned Monty.

"They're plane tickets, I scored a great deal on them." Monty grinned.

"How did you get them?" Benedict questioned Monty with a worried face.

"I have my ways." Monty rolled his eyes and gave a mischievous smile.

"Um, do you know where they would take us, and why do you have only two?" Benedict whimpered.

"First of all, they'll take us to the good ol' USA! But also a town called Porkbelly but more importantly it's in the USA! And second of all, I only got 2 because I'm taking you with me on this vacation." Benedict looked at him with perplexment.

"Wait what? You're not taking pappy with us? Benedict chastised Monty with panic on his face.

"Heck no! Pappy will never allow us to go anywhere until we're grown up! So we must take this opportunity to enjoy our lives!" And... I fear that if I go alone, and if pappy finds out, he'll take it on you, I know he will, and I don't want to see you all hurt when I return... and if I take you with me, at least I'll be there to protect you..." Benedict was at a loss as Monty's words took the air out of his body, leaving him stunned. However, Monty's confession had given him the gut feeling that there's something more to this than just a "vacation."

"I have a feeling this "vacation" is more than just that." Benedict puts a straight face and air quotes with his hands.

"No, no, what are you saying?" Monty scoffed with a nervous smile. Benedict sees right through his facade and furrows his brow.

"Those tickets are for a mission aren't they?" Monty was quickly thinking of an excuse but by looking at Benedict's unphased face he knew he would see right through him. Monty sighed and admitted that he was going there for a mission.