Chapter //4

Katherine's P.O.V.

We were walking downstairs when I heard someone yell

"SMACKCAM!" and followed by various "oohhh's" and laughter. I was wondering what was going on considering it sounded like a lot of people.

"Idiots." I heard Hayes say under his breath. Right before we walk around the corner I feel Hayes's hand link with mine. Even though it was a small gesture I still felt butterflies in my stomach and heat in my cheeks. Once we enter the living room I see 9 guys either laughing, on their phone, or watching tv.

"Hey guys." Hayes says with a sly grin. "Hey baby 2k." they say still focusing on what their doing. Once they see my hand attached to Hayes's they get up follow us into the kitchen with a smirk on their faces. ok?

Hayes started getting mtn. dew, sour patch kids, and popcorn from places of the kitchen. "Who's this baby 2k?" a guy with a tie dye bandana says. Hayes turns around and sees that he is motioning his arm towards me. "Ahh this is Katherine." Hayes says while wrapping his arms around me around me from behind. "Hi" I said shyly, considering there's a bunch of shirtless guys in front of me and I have no idea who they are. "I am Taylor." he says while grabbing my hand and kissing it. Hayes was still behind me so he saw the whole thing. "And she is taken." Hayes says with a tint of anger in his voice. Taken. That one word gave me a chill down my spine as he wrapped his arms around me. Then again, the word that still made me cringe of the thought of being in relationships with someone that could potentially hurt me. Just the thought of someone saying the words all over again. Hurting me again.

/Flashback/

6 months ago

I had just gotten back from school and my dad was still at work, thankfully. I went upstairs and opened my bedroom door. Once I sat my bag down I got my phone out of my purse and texted my boyfriend Andrew.

K- Heyy babe! Wanna go to the park ?

no response. weird. Oh well I thought. I decided to go on a run so I put on Nike short, a loose top, sports bra, and my black and white Nike free runs. I had been running for a little while now so I decide to go back home. Mistake. I was running past the park only to see what I've always dreaded most, heartbreak. Before my eyes was Andrew kissing the school slut Claire Kirby. Without a word I ran as fast as my feet could carry me back to my house. Once my house was in sight I saw my dads car in our driveway and instantly stopped in my tracks. I am literally coming from one hell to another, Andrew to my dad. As I approached my house my front door swung open to see my dad storming out the door and coming my way. My first instinct was to run like hell, but it's like he could tell what my next move was and as I was about to run he reached out and grabbed my ponytail. That night was one of worst in my life by far; filled with screaming, punching, kicking, and occasionally blacking out.

LASHBACK

END OF FLASHBACK

"Katherine? Katherine are you ok ?" I turned to see Hayes with a worried expression on his face. "Wh-What happened?" I said with a shaky tone. Way to go Katherine now they know something is wrong. It's just that one. That one memory that makes me so upset and insecure. Claire was prettier, skinnier, and funnier slut or not. It wasn't until that moment that I realized I had something running down my face. A tear. As quick as I could I ran out the kitchen and up the stairs and shut the door. I heard footsteps come up but no one came in. oh well. I went into the bathroom that is connected to Hayes's room and looked in the mirror unhappy with what I'm seeing. I felt like my stomach and thighs were too big. I lifted my shirt to examine my stomach and then felt a few tears fall down my face. Along with the displeasure of my stomach are the scars that are there. Sliding my fingers on the 3 deep cuts over and over again. I looked in the mirror closer to see Hayes standing against the door frame. Quickly I put my shirt on and look down in shame tears still flowing.

|||Hayes P.O.V.|||
Why. Why is she doing this to herself ? Examining her stomach as if there's a thing wrong with it. Slowly I walked behind her and put my arms around her fragile little waist and kissed just below her ear on her neck. "You are beautiful Katherine Grace Kennedy. Please stop looking at yourself like this. I know you probably won't believe me but let me tell you what I see. I see a beautiful 16 year old girl. Long brown hair, small waist, perfect thighs but I don't even care about that. Your personality is what I care about most. You are funny,talented,and have a great personality. Your looks are just a bonus."I whispered in her ear while rubbing her stomach where her 3 deep the cuts are. Even though I still said those words she still had tears streaming down her face.
Gently I turned her around and sat her on the counter and stood between her legs.
"Why are you crying beautiful?" I said with sympathy in my voice while
looking into her eyes, completely mesmerized.
"I'm happy."she said while smiling through her tears. I stood there completely dumbfounded. "No one has ever said that to me before. You're so fucking sweet." she said looking down once she realized what she said. She was blushing a dark pink apart from the tears. I just smirked and lifted her chin up. "I bet I can make you happier." I said while smirking and biting my lip.

|||Katherine's P.O.V.|||

"I don't doubt it." I said while winking. Next thing I knew his lips were attached to mine and he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. This is one of the things I love about Hayes, he cares so damn much. There was no lust in this kiss, only passion. The kiss was loving and soft. He gently pulled away pushed me against the wall. "How about we get these clothes off baby girl.." he said while biting his lip. As soon as he said that my head shot straight up to meet eye contact with him. "Hu-Huh ?" I asked nervously. As soon as I said that he started laughing. "That's not what I mean baby girl." he said looking into my eyes and holding my hands. I looked at his bed and laid out on it was a pair of Nike sweats, a Victoria's Secret loose t shirt, and elites. Along with it was Pepsi, sour patch kids, and popcorn. "Go change into this babe," he said handing me the clothes.
Confused and tired I changed into them and came out. "I figured the sweats would be a little big," he said as he came up to me and lifted my shirt up to where you could see my waistband of the sweats. I flinched at the feeling of his hand on my bare stomach. I was wrong. He wasn't making a move or trying to take them off. He just simply tightened the waistband. "Princess, I would never hurt you. I promise," he said and then kissed me gently on the lips. I instantly kissed back put my arms around his neck while he put his around my waist, deepening the kiss. "What's this?" I asked motioning to the bed. "Ahh this is something we're doing today, just me and you. I have food and drinks with scary movies," he said with a proud smile on his face. "Awl that's so sweet Hayes! But you didn't have to do this." I said still having my arms around his neck and put my head on his chest. Swiftly, he turned me around and picked me up bridal style and put me on the bed. "I know, but I wanted too," he said pulling the covers over us with a smile. This boy.

________________
another update soon 🔥