Chapter 3

Katherine's POV

It hurt me a lot to do this..a lot. I slowly backed away out of his grasp. "What's wrong?" he said with such hurt in his eyes I almost broke down.

"I'm sorry Hayes" I looked down.
"Don't be."he said as he lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger. Almost so carefully that it's as if I were a piece of glass that could shatter with one wrong touch.
"I'm sorry Hayes.. I've been hurt too many times throughout my life. I can't handle another person making me feel like I'm special and then walk out when they get bored." I couldn't do it anymore. I broke down crying in the floor. Hayes being the understanding person he is picked me up bridal style and layed me down on his bed holding me close.
"Ssh shh" he said sweetly as he rubbed my back and whispered sweet things in my ear. It was hard. I want to be with him but I'm so scared. I was just about to fall asleep from all the crying when I heard him whisper something in my ear.
"Katherine I'm so confused. How could someone get "bored" with someone so beautiful, kind, genuine, and amazing as you ? You're different from all the other girls and I just want to hold you close and not let anyone touch you. I wouldn't ever hurt you. I'd protect you. Katherine Grace Kennedy I think I'm falling for you, and I'm falling hard." he said this whole speech that made my heart melt and I couldn't take it any longer. I lifted my head and kissed him. He held my cheek and kissed me with such passion and I can feel the electricity flow through my body as he kisses me. After about 30 seconds we pull away.
" And here I was thinking you were asleep." He said with a proud smirk on his face. "Not quite." I wink.
He slightly laughed and pulled me on top of him and I set my forehead on his while he held my cheek. It was a very intimate moment and it couldn't have been more perfect. That is until he said this. "I meant every word of it too." He said as he gently pressed his lips to mine. Of coarse I wasn't hesitant to kiss back. He gently laid me down beside him and held me close. I nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck while he rubbed my back. "Katherine Grace Kennedy, what are you doing to me ?" he said with such an angelic voice. She never knew what it felt like to be safe or loved, so this was all new to her, affection. She'd never shown affection nor received it. And with that she fell asleep.
______
8 a.m.
______

Hayes's POV

I woke up and I felt arms snaked around my chest. I turned around saw Katherine. She was so beautiful even when she was asleep. I unwrapped her arms and quietly got out of bed trying to be careful not to wake her up. While I was walking downstairs I heard a loud smash coming from the living room causing me to jump. Then I heard someone yell "Cameron you idiot!". I laughed realizing that that voice belonged to Nash. I turned the corner to see all the guys trying to clean up a case that got knocked off the kitchen island.

" What the hell happened in here?" I asked as they struggled to pick up the shards of my mom's vase. Oh shit.. mom's vase.

As if on cue, they all pointed to Cameron simultaneously.

Without questioning I just walked to kitchen. I planned on making Katherine breakfast because she had through too much. Plus, when I picked her up last night she was light. Like REALLY light. So I made her eggs, bacon, and toast; additionally, I made all the guys chocolate chip pancakes.

"Who's that for baby 2k," Nash said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up Nashley it's for Katherine," I said walking upstairs.

I opened the door and saw Katherine still sleeping. Carefully, I shook her awake and she jolted up and said,
"Please don't hurt me." Only loud enough for me to hear. As she saw me her eyes softened and she said,
"Oh my gosh, Hayes it's just you." I was confused for a moment and then it hit me.

She thought I was her dad.

Katherine's P.O.V

When Hayes shook me awake I thought he was my dad. The thing is, a little after my mom died of leukemia my dad would shake me awake in the most violent ways and it scared me to the point where I slept with the lights on and my door locked. Not that that ever stopped him.

"You thought I was your dad, didn't you?" Hayes said with a shaky tone.

"I'm sorry Hayes. It has nothing to do with you I promise. It's just that my dad would wake me up and hurt me, and I guess I never got over it." I said as I looked down.

" Hey, hey look at me." Hayes said with his sweet voice as he held up my chin with his fingers.
" I would never hurt you.
Ever. Point blank. Katherine I promise you that I will never let him hurt you ever again. Just trust me." The words that just came out of his mouth made me feel a lot better.
"Thanks Hayes." I said with a sly smile on my face.
"I made you breakfast babe." he said with a proud smile
on his face while turning around grabbing the plate. I quickly looked down, realizing what I was doing.

I was blushing.

"Hey you ok Kat ?" he asked lifting my head once more.

When he saw my face his look of concern quickly turned into a smirk.

"I made you blush." he said as he brought me up on my feet. At this point we were face to face, inches apart.
"Let's go downstairs." I said nervously as I turned away.
Within a second he grabbed my hand.

"Kat look at me." he said like a demand. I slowly turned around with my head down.

"Do you trust me?

I nodded

"I said do you trust me."

"Yes Hayes." I said looking up.

"Good."

I didn't have time to respond because his lips were already on mine. It wasn't a forceful kiss. It was slow, passionate, and caring. Out lips moved in sync for a few minutes until we pulled away. I pulled away and said, "Let's go downstairs."
"Sure babe." he said with a smirk.
"You're gonna have to stop that Grier." I said laughing while simultaneously looking down. "It's cute when you blush." he said with a wink. "Come on let's go." I said with a laugh. It's funny how just a few days ago I was alone in a library with no one and now I have someone who cares about me, and surprisingly I care just as much.
With that he kissed me again and I put my hand on the door knob, that is until he stopped me. "One more." he said as he put another kiss on my lips. Then he started placing little kisses all over my face. I laughed at his cute actions and he laughed in return. And with that we went downstairs. For the first time in forever I felt happy, and I liked it.

__________________

I'm so sorry I haven't updated lately! 😭
Another one tomorrow 😏